Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bushy-tailed Peeping Tom

It's Saturday morning. The kids are at ballet, the husband has taken the dog for a walk (against her will - it's raining, and godforbid she should get wet!). Peace and quiet, interrupted only by the swish of the washing machine and the click-clack of Corwin's overall hooks in the dryer. Except I keep hearing this other noise. It sounds like something banging on the side of the house, but there are no trees that close (or that tall). And it isn't raining that hard, just a persistent drizzle. What on earth could it be?

After hearing it a few times as I made the beds and folded laundry, I finally went and looked out the window. As I was on the second floor, you can imagine my surprise to see a little face staring in at me!!! There was a little black squirrel scampering around the roof over the garage and the porch overhang. I guess he was looking for a dry place to hide from the rain. Sorry, Mr Squirrel, there's no room for rodents at this inn!

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

This photo is so cute!

One time, a squirrel got into my office at work and I had to call animal control to get it out (I was working for a town gov't. at the time). Turns out squirrels SCREAM when you hold them. Who knew?

Mon May 22, 07:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home