Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, June 29, 2006


Thirteen Children's Novels CANADA Loves


1. Arabel's Raven or The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
2. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (& the rest of the Narnia Chronicles)
3. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (& the others)
5. Hotel for Dogs by Lois Duncan
6. Mrs Coverlet's Magicians by Mary Nash
7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
8. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
9. A House Like a Lotus by Madeleine L'Engle (& all of the O'Keefe/Austin books)
10. Maggie Adams, Dancer by Karen Stricler Dean
11. I Want to Go Home or Don't Care High by Gordon Korman
12. The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
13. Anne of Green Gables (& the rest of the Anne books) by Lucy Maud Montgomery




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! I'm just tickled pink to find someone else who has heard of/or read, "The Wolves of Willoghby Chase". I loved this book!

#2, #3 were awesome too. I'm ashamed to say that I've been lazy as far as #4 is concerned; I've seen the movies, but have never picked up the books. Please don't jeer. [grin] I'll read them one of these days.

Great list! Thanks for sharing.

Thu Jun 29, 03:21:00 a.m.  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Yeah, me too - i thought I was the only one who thought The wolves was a fantastic book. I think it started my interest in history too:-)

i've never read 5, 6 or 8 through to 12. But Mstr a is just getting to the age where I can buy him proper novels now, so I'll keep them in mind.

My TT is up

Thu Jun 29, 04:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger Shelli said...

Charlie and the CF, great story. I can watch that movie a million times over...

We were just talking about that last night at dinner with my daughter...I said, "Kerrin, I'm so full they're gonna have to roll me outta here like Violet when she turned purple." *chuckles*

Fri Jun 30, 09:59:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home