Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Blue Rodeo Anyone? Anyone?

So Blue Rodeo is playing at Bluesfest next Tuesday. An outdoor concert, starts at 9pm, definitely over by 11pm. That's the day that Corwin and Clara leave with my parents (more to come about their planned adventures). Perfect timing, because Hubby and I can go and we don't have to worry about a babysitter, right? One caveat - Hubby is not a night owl. And I mean NOT a night owl - he's in bed by 10, maybe 10:15. True, he gets up at 5 (one of those crazy morning people), and is at work by about 6:15. It's just one evening, though. But in the past he has pulled the "I'm tired, can we go?" thing that pisses me off so much. For example, we went to see Jim Cuddy (half of Blue Rodeo) at the Folk Festival when I was very pregnant. It was August, and it was quite warm. It was also a Friday night. We watched the opening acts, and Jim Cuddy's first two songs. Then "I'm tired, can we go?" happened. Excuse me? I'm the very-pregnant-with-twins woman, sitting on the grass on a Friday night. We can sleep in on Saturday morning. But no. We had to go. Ask me if I'm still bitter about this!

When I saw the Bluesfest lineup, I was pretty excited. I love Blue Rodeo. And when I realized that the kids would be gone, Hubby seemed interested, too. Great! I didn't look around to see if anyone else wanted to go. Last week, I mentioned that we should get tickets, and jokingly told Hubby that he would have to sign a waiver:

"I, Hubby, agree to stay until the end of the Blue Rodeo concert. There will be no whining about being tired. I will not complain. I will enjoy the concert. I will go to work a bit later in the morning. And if I reneg on this contract, I will take the bus home (from downtown), because my wonderful wife, Canada, will not leave until all encores have been performed. Nor should I expect her to. Signed _____________"


Guess who's waffling about going to the concert. "Oh, it's late." "I have to get up early." "Isn't Weasley going?" Grrrrr!!!!! Weasley might go, but he isn't sure he can go to Blue Rodeo AND Bonnie Raitt, and I totally understand. Anyone else interested? Anyone?

5 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Im SO OVER the "can we go? its late" ploy! What about coffee? Street drugs? I hope he holds up for you....

Wed Jul 05, 09:05:00 a.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

I'd go but it is a bit far for me to drive.

Wed Jul 05, 10:49:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Bluff city buick http://www.teen-anal-7.info/Little-teens-fucked-by-huge-cocks.html 1999 jeep door lock actuator jeep cage faucets delta Phil smith jeep san diego Used cadillac cars for sale better sex - erection Beach design area rugs Lingerie solutions reusable silicone bra 1967 aston martin images cherokee jeep kit suspension Powerball regular aumente su fuerza muscular nuevos jeep unlimited soft tops internet answering machine Skin care with tea tree oil California jackpot lotto plus super 2003 jeep levitra third quarter 2004 sales

Mon Feb 05, 09:42:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... school for ice makers ice machine for home Sears front loading washers Fat blach older woman paintball Auto insurance based on credit report business gift buy gift cards appreciation gifts gc radar detector karaoke player viewsonic tablet pc home Ice machine testing toyota truck safety information Applications business credit cards Mitsubishi lancer evolution vii gsr Cricket crap k40 whirlpool ice machine diagram Online pay per click maryland

Sat Mar 03, 04:14:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Tue Apr 24, 02:27:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home