Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ugh!!!!!!!

I am heading to the passport office. Mine expired last week. Fuck. I hate the passport office. I hate waiting in line. I hate the stress involved in making sure, triple and quadruple checking that I have all my documentation. I really hate my mug shots. (don't smile, don't frown, teeth can't be showing, no shadows on face, can't wear white, etc). I have my guarantor's signature on my photo and my form. I have my two references. All three have known me at least 2 years (4, 12, and 17, actually). I have my birth certificate (original only). I have my photo driver's license. I have my photo health card. And I have my marriage certificate. Yes, after twelve fucking years, and getting all my stuff changed back then, and no longer needing it, now I have to have my marriage certificate. Because I didn't have my birth certificate changed to my married name. Who does that? I wasn't born with these extra 5 letters and hyphen, and I'm not adding them. It's just stupid. Oh, and my $87. Quite the price jump from 2001, when it was $65. Price gougers!!! Ugh! I'm off.

Sorry for the rant, but this year I have also had to renew my driver's license (photo, too), and health card (had to go downtown). They don't make things convenient, do they?

6 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

SO frustrating! I can't believe they want you to change your birth certificate to reflect your married name. That's nuts!

Thu Oct 19, 06:28:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two remaining shooters.

One named "Canada".

One named "Nancycle".

Thu Oct 19, 08:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Nancycle - oh, yeah baby!!

And as for the passport office - total time from arrival to departure - 1hr 3 min. Not bad. And the phrasing about the marriage certificate is not clear. They want it only if you haven't changed other stuff (license, health card, etc). But some people really do change their birth certificate name.

Fri Oct 20, 12:14:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Frustrating to no end. I also hate the passport office. Did you know you can go to the post office in town and avoid the downtown office. Yeah, much more convenient and faster. One more thing, I also did not change my birthcertificate, I was born with my maiden name and that's that!! I love my hubby but really, I took his name, is that not enough. I shouldn't have to change my birth certificate!
Harmony

Fri Oct 20, 09:59:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, the birth cert change is truly going too far.

Sat Oct 21, 03:46:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just going to say that bureaucracy sucks, but damn--that birth certificate thing is a little insane. Congrats on getting through without getting violent.

Wed Oct 25, 09:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home