Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Guess What I'm Doing This Morning?

Before I head out to build stuffed animals with the management team from hell (more on that later), I am going to pull the fish out of the pond and bring them in for the winter. I was just going to get an aerator because they can survive as long as there is a hole in the ice. But Hubby decided it was too expensive (fair enough, since two grand on an unexpected purchase of new oven happened in October). I borrowed a tank and stand from Nancycle, and then bought: pump, line, air stone, filter, gravel, and need a light and a cover of some sort. Seriously, have spent almost as much as an aerator!!!! With a lot more hassle!!!

These poor fish are sure to be surprised.

**Edited to say that I have NO idea what Hubby, Corwin and Clara have done with the net. Serenity now!!!!!!!

3:40 pm update. Tried with the strainer. Wow, it's cold!!!! Hubby called and told me where the net was. Have one fish - Starla. Still looking for Karat. Had to break ice. Damn fish!

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Ha ha! I say just stick 'em in a bathtub and call it done. Those fish are living the high life, lady!

Mon Nov 24, 01:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home