Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, July 06, 2006


Thirteen Things that drive Canada crazy!


1. People (like Husbands) that bail on plans because they will have to stay up too late.
2. Warm pillows. I need my pillows to be cool when I go to bed, and if Hubby or Jazz dog warms them up, it's very annoying.
3. People who drive with their signal on when they aren't turning (Seinfeld termed it "the eventual left turn signal").
4. Telemarketers and door-to-door salespeople. Particularly the latter once the kids have gone to bed (the bell rings, the dog goes ballistic, it's a pain).
5. When Kleenex gets left in pockets and goes into the laundry. Not so bad if it waits until the dryer to work its way out, but having little shredded Kleenex bits all over wet clothes (esp darks, esp hang-to-dry)pisses me off!
6. At the grocery store, finding lots of stuff (cheese, yogurt, etc) either close to or past the expiration date!!!
7. Idiot drivers - those who cut people off; those don't pay attention and miss the left turn light; people who don't merge when they should, but wait until the last second; just general idiocy on the road.
8. Underwires that snap or poke through the bra.
9. Construction on the roads!!! Esp when there is no warning about it (example: yesterday, we drove the same way to camp. Today, we were 20 minutes late because we sat in construction traffic. I would have gone a different way IF they had put a sign YESTERDAY to let people know about today!!!!)
10. Dog owners who give the rest of us a bad name by not picking up after their dog, not controlling their dog, etc.
11. The ridiculous power outages in Kanata. Thunderstorms, wind - I can understand. But no power for three and a half hours for no reason is more than a little annoying. Even that would be okay if it was a one time thing, but here - it's like the power goes out if somebody sneezes! (and having to reset all the clocks - ugh)
12. Probably due to number 11 - having clocks that are all different times (just a couple minutes off, but really - you can miss the bus because of a couple of minutes!)
13. People who read my blog and don't comment! Okay, it's not really driving me crazy, but this is an invitation to any lurkers who would like to introduce themselves. I'll read your blog, too - just let me know where to look :)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!


8 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

And people (Husbands) who don't replace the toilet paper roll!!!! I mean, the kids can do it and they're FIVE!!!

Thu Jul 06, 10:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Thats awesome. Completely awesome. I was enjoying stalking you but hey im all about letting you know im here too!!!! I bookmarked you by the way and Ive never waxed anything but eyebrows and give you complete kudos for that.

Thu Jul 06, 03:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Canada,
Love the blog...your pseudo lecture has reminded me that you asked me to comment to prove that I read this thing!haha

Had such a good time last Sunday!...BUT can the kids and I please watch something educational like TransAmerica or Priscilla Queen of the Desert next time?

P.S..still thinking about Blue Rodeo..lol..just want to keep you on the edge of ecstacy for a few days...seriously though..not sure yet :)

Thanks again for the entertainment and laughs!

Weasley

Thu Jul 06, 03:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Weasley - Maybe we'll start slow, like "Saved", okay? I know, I know - Mighty Machines is slowly killing me! But it's better than Barney!

crse - woo hoo - I've been bookmarked! You are, too! (and I'll link you soon - just don't have the time or patience to mess with the template (unlike Luckybuzz, who managed a spectacular banner!)

Thu Jul 06, 06:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

How about crazy Jesus freaks in Memphis? I am still terrorized by that article.

Thu Jul 06, 10:09:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, alright...I guess I was a little off-base with my movie suggestions..

I would, however, love to watch The Back Yardigans! Lemme know if you find them and we'll see about babysitting...; ;)

Time for beddie bye..ZZZzzz

Thu Jul 06, 10:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger luckybuzz said...

Aw, thanks. :) And having just gotten in from a 10 hour drive, I could not agree more about the hatred for stupid drivers and constant-signallers (a friend of mine says, "going left around the world!").

Thu Jul 06, 11:44:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Tall commercial fan-forced portable electric heaters Melbourne australia phone area codes plastic surgeons pain relief tramadol Jack black sound clips Auto navigation systems reviews

Thu Apr 26, 12:12:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home