Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Already August

Is it just me, or is the summer flying by? Albeit in a sticky, hot, humid way. Last week, I went school supply shopping. Of course, that's because I refuse to do it when everyone else is shopping. I'll order their new backpacks and lunch bags (lunch bags! My babies will be gone all day!) from Land's End this week. And then I just need to get a few odds and ends. My parents will be here in exactly one month - Corwin called and asked if Granpappy would come for the first day of grade one (Sept 5), so they will arrive on the Friday of Labour Day weekend, and stay until the next Thursday. Grade one. Already. It's unbelieveable how fast they have grown.

Since Corwin and Clara will be in school full days, this means that I can work more. Money - what a concept! Now I just have to market myself, get my name out there once again. I may even go back to the group homes where I did music therapy before my maternity leave. Ideally, I would like to work just with kids, but until I can really get a full roster of clients again, I would add some group home sessions. I just hate the calling/marketing/etc. Oh well - time to get motivated, I guess.


And since it's August, it means that I am singing in church this Sunday. Solo. Being the cantor. The voice lesson went well last week, and I have another this evening. And I'll be singing on Sunday. I'm trying not to think too much about it, trying not to freak myself out.

2 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

ohhh the thought of lunch bags makes me weepy! Keep us posted on the job marketing. Ive missed your posts!

Tue Aug 01, 10:01:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll do great!
and hey, get some promo material out and i can pass it out for you too!! so you can get $ for your dream kitchen etc:)
LOLA

Wed Aug 02, 09:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home