Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just Another Day. . .

. . . in the sun. It was a total scorcher here today (and in many, many other places as well). I took my Mom for groceries in the morning (she doesn't drive - never has, never will), and we spent the rest of the day by the pool. Clara decided that it should be clothing optional - for a while she was a little nudist. She refused to put her bikini top back on because "Corwin doesn't have to, so I'm going to pretend I'm a boy". Okay - time for extra sunscreen, though!

Even with the pool and the shade and the AC, the kids have been exhausted by the end of the day. The heat and the extreme humidity is a factor for sure. They were both out by 8. The breeze really picked up this evening - the humidity is supposed to break and we may have thunderstorms overnight. My parents live very close to Lake Ontario, so even though we heard a few rumbles and saw some lightning, there's also a good chance that the storm may just blow over and hit north of here. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Tomorrow, Hubby and I are heading to Stratford. We're going to see South Pacific, one of the selections at this year's Stratford Festival. I wish we had more time (and money!) so that we could see a couple of the Shakespeare productions, but it's not in the cards. We're going to have dinner before the show, and we're spending the night at our favourite B&B, where we spent our wedding night (and several other stays). As for dinner, Hubby made reservations at Pazzo, while I had suggested Keystone Alley. I was a little annoyed, particularly as I looked up Pazzo to check out the menu, only to discover that it is a pizzeria. All well and good, but I don't really want a big pizza or heaping plate of pasta before a play - in July! I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Well, today he suggested that we change our reservations to Keystone Alley. I called and left a message, and hopefully that will work out. Funnily enough, I also discovered that Pazzo has two dining areas - the pizzeria, and the fine dining experience. I'm SO glad I didn't bitch about it! And either way, it will be a fabulous evening - dinner out, great entertainment, and a romantic room at a B&B. And no kids!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Sigh. Sounds lovely!

Tue Jul 18, 12:21:00 a.m.  
Blogger muse said...

Wow, what fabulous plans!

I've never been to Stratford, oddly enough (I keep translating references to it - one of my clients is a local theatre).

Let us know how you like the experience! :)

Tue Jul 18, 12:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Muse, I've been to Startford many, many times. I LOVE it. Hubby and I plan to retire there. Theatre, beautiful old houses, gorgeous gardens. . . what's not to love?

And I'll send you the infor for the B&B if you're interested.

Tue Jul 18, 09:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger crse said...

That sounds like a perfect little get away! Im having complete vacation envy. (who am i kidding, reading about your vacation is probably the most relaxing part of my day)

Wed Jul 19, 07:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation. I could use one too. Maybe you could plan our next vacation for us! hahaha.

Thu Jul 20, 08:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

Glad you bit your tongue!

Thu Jul 20, 11:54:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Canada!
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself! I can't wait until the 28th for my hollies to start! Can you say "VAY CAY"!??

I missed you at the Disco Ball Sunday night...it was so friggen good!!
I swear when Gloria Gaynor came on stage and sang "I Will Survive" I had a religious experience!lol

Miss you..talk to you soon..

Weasley :)

Thu Jul 20, 02:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger muse said...

Oh yes please, do email me the address, that would be a lovely romantic getaway! :) Thanks!

Thu Jul 20, 08:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home