Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Things are a little hectic here these days. Hubby left for Chile on Friday - he returns Dec 8. I thought I'd end up missing a whole bunch of stuff, but somehow everything has fallen into place. It's actually weird how perfectly aligned it is - must be something in the stars. Here is the itinerary, starting with last Thursday evening.
  • Thursday: I had a client until 6:30, then skipped choir (gasp!!!) and went to see Raindrop, Bugle Boy and several other friends in the opera Dido and Aeneas. It was awesome. Less awesome was the $55 parking ticket that I got - stupid meters have changed since the last time I parked there. They are now pay and monitored 24 hours/day. Bastards!
  • Friday: Went to the warehouse to borrow mosaic lanterns from Boss Lady for the parish supper on Saturday. Picked up Hubby from work at 1:30, helped him get the last of his stuff organized. When the kids got in from school, we left for the airport, stopping to grab a bite on the way. We dropped him off at the curb. Corwin was a bit sad, but got over it one the way home. Corwin and I took Clara to the birthday party she was invited to. It was her first slumber party invite, and she couldn't sleep over because of her Saturday plans. Corwin and I went home, he had a bath, and we watched a movie. We picked Clara up at 9, and got in just as the phone was ringing. Hubby called from Toronto to say goodnight. Corwin got a bit teary at this, but they both went to bed fine. Hubby called me one more time before his flight left for Santiago.
  • Saturday: Alarm clocks went off, we got up and had breakfast, got dressed, brushed teeth and finished packing toothbrushes and stuffed animals to go to Aunt Kat and Uncle Flyboy's house. I dropped them off and they headed for the train station. The four of them went to Montreal for the day, and then took the train back. Corwin and Clara slept over there. Meanwhile, I took Miss J for a walk, and tidied up a bit around here, and had a nap (glorious, glorious nap!!). Then I picked up Beck (whom it seems may be a Yalie but is never there since they have SO much leave!), and she and I helped decorate for the parish supper. The decor was good, the dinner and silent auction were a success, and then after packing it all up, we went for dessert with another good friend.
  • Sunday : Got up, took dog out, went to get kids from Aunt Kat's. They were ready, and we headed for church. My parents met us there and I passed the kids to them. I rehearsed, sang, kissed kids and parents goodbye, went for brunch with choir friends (and Beck, who gave the homily this morning - how cool is that!?!?!), and then had a 2 hour choir rehearsal for the Christmas concert. Came home, took Jazz-dog out for a bit of a run, fed her, then went to my parents where dinner was being prepared. Had a glass of wine, played some Wii with the (tired and slightly whiny) kids, then came home, gave them baths and tucked them in. Planning on getting some major Christmas decorating done this evening.
  • Monday: Kids have school, I plan on getting stuff done here. Clara has gymnastics, Corwin and I will have dinner at my parents' (we do every Monday).
  • Tuesday: I have a client, a lesson, and Clara has violin. I usually have flute choir, and I was going to have to miss it, but T. has a gig so it is cancelled anyway. Will get kids fed, into bed, and then watch some bad tv (and do more decorating, maybe also Christmas cards).
  • Wednesday: Have booked off of the Bear place, and will get things accomplished here. Kids have Cubs from 6:30-8:00.
  • Thursday: Have to be in Carleton Place at 9:30 - it is my hectic day. I will have time in the afternoon to take Jazzy for a good run, and feed her before heading out to my 3:30-4:30 client, and my 5:30-6:30 client. My Dad meets the kids after school on Thursdays, I figured I would have to miss choir and pick them up from my parents' where they would have dinner. BUT . . . Friday is parent-teacher interview day, so there is no school. So I will go to choir, and the kids will sleep over at my parents' place.
  • Friday: Parent teacher interviews at 9:00 and 9:10. Then will do something fun with my parents and the kids (just depends on the weather what we end up doing).
  • Saturday: No plans!!!!! Will do something enjoyable with the kids.
  • Sunday: church/choir, and then the kids have birthday parties in the afternoon. They will go to bed early-ish since it's a school night.
  • Monday: Kids head to school, I head to airport to pick up Hubby. He'll be tired from the flight but not jet-lagged (time difference of one hour).
A for Hubby, he got to Santiago safely, and has e-mailed a couple of times. Here is the first:
Hi
I arrived. The flight was fine. Great food. Business class is very nice.
I got some sleep for a few hours.
No problems with customs, luggage or getting to the hotel.
It is sunny and 28 degrees here. I am going to go out and explore. Very busy city and they drive like they do in Mexico
I hope you and Mommy are doing well. Miss you all!
Can you let my parents know I am still alive.
I hope the parish supper goes/went well.
I will write more tomorrow.
Love
Hubby
XoXO




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home