Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Corwin's Decree

"If you keep the rocks in the garden like that, Mum, we don't have to move."

This from a five year old. Who has recently decided he hates our house. Not because of the fact that it's the Money Pit, but because he just doesn't like it. Our basement isn't big enough. His room isn't big enough. He likes Grandpappy's office better than mine. Why don't we have a pool like our neighbours and Gramma and Grandpappy? At least he hasn't started dissing the kitchen, because I might have to join in (I mean, I know exactly what I'd do if we renovated, but unless someone dies or we win the lottery, it just won't be happening!)

I got really annoyed about the constant "I hate our house" comments - enough already. Our other house was awesome, but a two bedroom bungalow (with a loft) doesn't cut it when you have twins - we needed a bit more space. This is what I told him. He didn't care. So, I told him to start saving his money, and that we would move when he could buy a house and pay all the costs involved, including movers. The poor kid. Every penny he has found has gone in his piggybank for his house. He was originally saving for a blow-up killer whale to take swimming. He still can't afford the whale, let alone a whole house!

Well, yesterday, after the sleepover at my sister-in-law's, he noticed the minor changes I had made in the garden. I put river rock along the edge of the garden where it meets the front path, in the hopes that the dirt will stop running onto the path when it rains. So far, so good. According to Corwin, it is just beautiful, "like one of those model homes." And if I keep it like this, we don't have to move.

He's saving for the whale again. Damn, I was kinda looking forward to a brand new house!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO Funny-I can just see Corwin as a designer for some Home Mag someday!
Lola

Mon Jun 19, 08:59:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home