Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Who Knew?

On my little jaunt to New York back in March, I had some fun at Sephora in Times Square. In addition to the false eyelashes that I purchased (still waiting to have somewhere to wear them!), I also bought some Lip Venom. I know I mentioned this in a previous post, just after I got back, but I hadn't experienced the "who knew" part yet. Lip Venom is for those, like me, who do not resemble Angelina Jolie in the lip department (okay, or any other department, but back to the lips). It is supposed to make your lips plumper. As much as Peaches told me that it was working, that she could see my lips get bigger, I had my doubts. I thought it was just the high shine making my lips look bigger, with the cinnamon tingle for effect.

Well, I discovered that it does work, at least to a small degree. Because if I use the stuff within 8 hours of playing my flute, my embouchure (the way you hold your lips to play) is all screwed up. My lips are in the way - for the first time in my life. And it's not such a good thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger nancycle said...

Yes...The pursuit of having one's lips resemble a baboon's ass may be the bain of the female existance...Although I do love AJ, sadly our hands are the only thing we have in common. Does this mean I can't hire you for flute player? Lay off the juice lady! LAY OFF THE JUICE! ;-)

More importantly, just yesterday at a dance receital, fake eyelashes were plentiful which, ironically, had me thinking of when to wear mine...How does the word RAVE sit with you?

Sun Jun 04, 09:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Hell, I'd slap mine on to enjoy sangria and the stars in your backyard!

Sun Jun 04, 08:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

You're on.

Pick your date.

What else can we wear???

:-D

Tue Jun 06, 11:13:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home