Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, July 07, 2006

The Aftermath of Boot Camp

The good news is that I survived the intense class on Wednesday evening. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but this class used the BOSU (that half inflated ball thing on a stand that you balance on) for the warm-up, and then a series of sets and reps at four different stations. Surprisingly, I managed to do all the assigned exercises. Yes, they were hard, but I wasn't so horrible that I couldn't complete anything (except the push-ups, but my neck and shoulder are still sore - massage tomorrow - so I just did the yoga plank instead of risking further injury). All of the exercises targeted the core and were pilates-based, just more intense. Somehow, I have a very strong core (must have been all that yoga last year).

The bad news - is not so bad. But I am certainly feeling the effects of the workout. And then yesterday I did a whole bunch of gardening (double digging a new bed that is about 4 feet deep and 16 feet long, carrying bags and bags of earth, relocating a lilac, hauling around a few other plants, and weeding the back garden). Today my abs are really feeling it! So happy I'm going for a massage tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home