Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Are You Sorry You Asked?

For crse, some of my favourite decorating accents. Note that I say some - I rotate stuff and change mantel displays throughout the year, so prepare for the onslaught!

This is the basement fireplace with the moose that inspired the basement theme (kind of a Canadiana/Northwoods feel)

I love my Eiffel Tower. Goes well with the French country look to which I aspire.

Truly one of my favourites. I love this three piece wrought iron hanging. It is in the dining room, over the sideboard. It balances the buffet and hutch on the opposite side of the table, and is very unique.

You knew there had to be something Christmas-y here. This is how I decorated the urn outside this year. It really looked pretty when the candle lanterns were lit.

In the kitchen. The rusted rooster welcome sign gives a French country accent, and the little rooster tealight lantern (the light glows out of what looks like dots, but are actually holes), which is a new aquisition. The (almost dead) flower arrangement is one of nine I made out of a huge one I brought home from the bridal show after take-down.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Canada,

I stumbled across your blog posting while doing research for a show I'm working on for the Life Network. I'm particularly interested in your in-law stories! Sorry about the method of contact but I can't figure out any other way to get in touch. Please contact me at mia@mediahqs.net or at
416-937-8734 at any time.

Wed Jan 17, 11:52:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi canada,
With reference to the first comment above, remember us when you are famous.

You have an amazing home and a great sense for decorating. Thnaks for sharing.

Wed Jan 17, 12:39:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto Canada! Esp if my pic request made you famous! But seriously im giddy with the tastefulness of your style. Its exactly how i imagined it but better!

Wed Jan 17, 06:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home