Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Roller Coaster

It has been a very up and down couple of days. Here's what's been going on (and fyi - I will get to the remaining photo blog requests - LB, LGS, and crse)

  • On Monday (yesterday), I got a call from another music therapist. She is very busy with two kids, and is giving up a preschool music program until the end of June. She may want it back in September, but until then, it is another 2 hours a week for me (only 5 more hours and I will be perfectly happy with my client load).
  • Yesterday I found out that Acorn, my horse from camp, died last week. I did shed some tears, but I have to say that it was expected. I was thrilled to see him at the reunion on Labour Day weekend 2005, but didn't think he would make it through last winter. He would have been 39 this year, so he certainly had a good life. Happy trails, Acorn!
  • Last night, I had a horrible, horrible dream. Okay, looking back, it is kind of funny, but the feelings of panic I had during the dream, and the extreme sense of dread I woke up with was not good. In the dream, Gordon had asked me to be the cantor for something big at church, with at least one other person (sometimes there are multiple parts). Well, I was in church, but we hadn't rehearsed together, and it turned out that I had looked at the wrong part in the book, and I couldn't find it, and then I was singing who knows what and it sounded horrible and off-key, and Gordon was giving me the look, but I kept going, and it was just awful. Even while I was dreaming it, my conscious mind kept saying that it would never happen like that, and that we don't use anything resembling the book that the music was in, but I couldn't get out of the dream. How to have a not very restful sleep!
  • Clara wasn't feeling very good this morning, and her throat was sore enough to keep her from talking. She also complained of a headache. She had no fever, but was very sinus-y and congested. So I kept her home and gave her Dimetapp, and called Hubby to find out his schedule for the day. His afternoon was, thankfully, open, so Clara and I picked him up at noon so that I could go to my voice lesson and then to my client. Clara seemed much better, but was feeling a bit crappy and really tired before bed. She also had a low-grade fever, but that may have been because she was wearing a fleece shirt and was curled up under a fleece blanket. Haven't heard a peep from her since she went to bed, so keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow.
  • Just before I left for my voice lesson (which went very well), I checked my e-mail. I saw the subject and the sender and couldn't open it, because I actually started to cry. Not sad crying, but a huge emotional excited happy kind of cry (just a tearing up, not sobbing). The sender was the orchestra from our church, and the subject was second flute. Gordon has asked me to play in the orchestra to accompany a chorus performance of Mendelssohn's Elijah. I was stunned, and excited, and of course a little (a lot) nervous, but I'm going to see if I can get the music tomorrow after flute trio (which, by the way, was amazing last week - we got challenging pieces that I actually had to practice!!!!). I really hope that I'm ready for this - I think I am, and I think Gordon wouldn't ask if he didn't think so, either, but wow! I know, rambling again.

So, that was the roller coaster of the past few days. That's enough of a ride for one week, in my opinion!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate roller coaster rides but you've come off at a high so congratulations canada. Enjoy it.

Wed Jan 17, 04:04:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home