Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cuppa Joe

You know the Eric Clapton song Cocaine? I think he should change the lyrics a little, renaming it Caffeine.

On Sunday afternoon, I got a headache. It went away a bit (with some assistance from Advil), but came back on Monday. It hung around most of the day, and was with me yesterday morning. I also felt a bit dizzy, and my stomach was a bit queasy (no, I am definitely NOT pregnant!!!!). Since there is that gastro virus* going around (a "Noro-virus", related to the Norwalk virus), I decided to take it easy, ate some dry crackers, and drink lots of water. I did not have my morning cup of coffee. I got through the day, but the headache was still there, lingering around my left eye, feeling kinda sinus-y, but extending back. I even went to bed at 10 (had a soak in the tub first), prompting Hubby to ask "are you sick?" Vehement denial on my part.

This morning, headache was still with me when I woke up. "Great, probably a brain tumour" my oh-so-happy morning thought. I poured my morning coffee, and drank it while getting kids ready for school, making lunches, etc. Guess what? Headache is mostly gone. Man, I can't even imagine what the withdrawal effects would be from a 3 or 4 cup a day coffee habit!

*My sad first thought about possibly getting the virus - "woo hoo, a kick-start to the post-Christmas weight loss". Every cloud has a silver lining - I've been watching WAY too much Stuart Little with the kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home