Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Brand Loyalty

I don't know about everyone else, but I am very particular about which brands I use for certain things, and other items, I just don't care. For instance, toothbrush - whichever soft brush that doesn't look too big or too small (hello, Goldilocks!) will work just fine. However, the toothpaste had better be Colgate and not Crest (ugh!). Cranberry juice? Not particular. Same with pasta, tomato sauce, and canned tomatoes. Ketchup? Heinz all the way. Mustard? French's for yellow and Maille for Dijon. Laundry detergent and fabric softener - currently Purex (they kept discontinuing what I used, and it really did stress me out - my laundry didn't smell entirely right) for washing and Downy for softening. Q-Tips are the only cotton swabs I want near my ears, but I will blow my nose on anyone's tissue, as long as it's soft.

But toilet paper. There is very definitely only one brand that I want in my home. Other houses and public places? Well, I will make do, but at home I stock Cashmere (formerly called Cottonelle). And only Cashmere. It has been this way for years. Since I lived in my apartment in undergrad. My roommate actually decided to save money with cheap toilet paper. I bought my own. Since Hubby and I have been married - thirteen years. He knows this, he buys this. Except for the last time he bought toilet paper. I have no idea what possessed him to buy the other stuff that the kittens advertise, but he did. And I have been dealing with lint in places where I would rather not have lint ever since. Stupid kittens. Stupid husband. And I think we still have 12 rolls left. Argh!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid kittens. :)

I'm with you on this. I have brand loyalty about really weird things. Jeans, peanut butter, mayonnaise...it definitely matters. Juices, jellies, and pasta, not so much.

I don't really care what brand of TP we have (as long as it's soft), but I just learned--last month! After 11 years together!--that GB has a VERY distinct preference for Cottonelle. Poor guy. Suffering in silence all these years. :)

Sat Oct 27, 10:55:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home