Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Feeling Like Death

That would be me. In denial for days (I'm NOT getting sick!!!), I think I finally have to admit I'm getting sick. Actually, I am well and truly ill. Of course, I called the doctor this morning and got the recording "It is Thursday, October 18 and the office is now closed for the weekend". Well fuck. That isn't going to net me a script for Zithromax for the strep which is multiplying in my throat. So . . . do I really want to go to the clinic? Or wait 'til my neighbour-doctor gets home? (which will mean the drugs don't kick in until tomorrow instead of tonight, so will feel shitty for longer). Probably the clinic. Damn. In the event that I die (until the 4 Advil take effect, I'm sort of hoping for death), I apologize in advance for not mailing those tangible gifts. However, as I'm quite certain I'll recover, please send me your mailing addresses: 1. Luckybuzz 2. Gretty 3. Shellibells 4. Maggie May 5. Lola (I can make your a housewarming gift that's hand-delivered!!!)

** update - I went to the clinic, which had a sign at the desk that said "clinic now closed". Excuse me? I asked what was going on and apparently they had too many walk-in patients "but you can come back around 1:30" Yeah, I don't think so. So . . . I drove to another clinic. And they were very annoying. Hello, she did the strep swab and told me to take Tylenol and drink plenty of fluids until I heard - on MONDAY!!!! I don't think so. I'm taking 4 Advil at a time now to manage the pain. She hemmed and hawed and decided to write me a prescription for Septra. I told her that Zithromax is what has been working, but she wouldn't because it is related to one of the three drugs I'm allergic to (isn't it fun to be me?). Anyway, turns out Septra is in the Sulfa family. Which makes me nauseous. So I'm going to go to neighbour-doc's walk-in to get what I need. Hopefully I won't throw up on the way over because I'm feeling beyond disgusting.

***second update - I have the Zithromax. Yay for neighbour-doc (who was appalled at the Septra because apparently, it's not a good choice for strep). I currently feel worse because I just told Hubby that I'm sick. And he's annoyed, as usual. And asking me why I'm in such a pissy mood. Hmmm . . . anyone want to hazard a guess?

10 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Oh, feel better my dear. Strep is just ever so fucking pleasant. I had Scarlet Fever when I was younger and they think untreated strep is how I got it.

Fri Oct 19, 09:10:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to the clinic! And not just because I want my gift!

Fri Oct 19, 11:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Get well soon!

Fri Oct 19, 01:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

I hope you'll feel better soon!

Fri Oct 19, 02:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

poor you! I hope the Zithro kicks in soon. hugs
K

Fri Oct 19, 02:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lola said...

ah nuts.
hope you feel betta soon!
this is THE BEST weekend to be sick though-rain ALL weekend.
btw i added the gift thing to my site so go sign up!
lola

Fri Oct 19, 05:03:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh. So sorry you're sick and not getting the sympathy you deserve. :(

Feel better soon!

Fri Oct 19, 09:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

Sympathy has a direct correlation with how much work it means the husband will have to do, 'round here.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sun Oct 21, 10:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Love the Lovely Zithromax!

Mon Oct 22, 09:21:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better...you're way too busy to be sick this week!

Weasley

Tue Oct 23, 01:44:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home