Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, November 02, 2007

The Insanity Update

I was feeling a bit (bitter? upset? bitchy? sad? hysterical? pissed off? insulted? you fill in the blank, because I'm sure I felt it this week) because I hadn't heard from PoD, except through his FB status updates. I knew he was in Quebec City on Sun and Mon, but I thought he was here on Tues and Wed. And I didn't hear from him, and it seriously messed with my head (as in "what, suddenly we aren't friends anymore/again?" and other ridiculous and paranoid thoughts). Imagine my sheepish reaction upon reading his update on Wed eve: "finished in Quebec City and heading to the Nation's Capital in the morning". Oh. So I am just paranoid and over-emotional. Okay, I figure he's here for two days, so I plucked the brows, picked the outfit (jeans - nice, not too dressy. Shirt - wrap blouse in a periwinkle/dusky purple, hint of cleavage, but nothing that suggests overt sexiness. Shoes - chunky heeled clogs. Jacket - camel coloured suede car coat. Jewellery - wedding band/engagement ring! Silver hoop earrings and three strand necklace with beads in shades of blues, purples, clear, and silver accents). Hair, washed and volumized (B&BW warm vanilla sugar). BPAL - Snake Oil (Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla). I even put on mascara (for those of you who know me, this is maybe a twice a year event). I messaged him when his status announced his arrival, told him I was off to see a client but was downtown for choir so if he wanted to get together for a drink afterwards, to call me on my cell. No messages (FB or otherwise - I have FB mobile because I am that addicted) before choir, but no prob, I figured I would get something by the end (and I left my phone in my choir locker - it's just not cool to have it during rehearsal). And? NOTHING. NO messages, NO voicemail. To say upset is putting it mildly. Beck knew what was going on, but I really didn't want to elaborate to Diva and Bugle Boy as we went out for drinks. A sullen pint of Stella was how I thought the evening would end. And then . . . .the vibrating FB message on my phone. Woo Hoo!

So, PoD is in town until next Thursday. And we are meeting for drinks tonight. Haven't heard where but it will be sometime after 9. I invited Hubby. Hubby declined. Hubby doesn't so much like PoD. The purple shirt is getting washed again. I hope it's dry by this evening. Otherwise, I will have to resort to plan B. And I don't have a plan B yet!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Yay for the update! I love hearing about what other people wear on, uh, nondates :) And I'm looking forward to the next installment :)

Sat Nov 03, 11:15:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did it go???? :)

Sat Nov 03, 06:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

There was a plan B. Which was basically the same shirt in black, high-heeled black boots, and the same style of necklace in jewel tones (greens, blues, reds, purples). Snake Oil was worn. It went well. I got home around 2. (oh, and in between the party I went to and driving downtown to see PoD, I stopped in at Weasley and CF's gorgeous new apartment to have the gay man appraisal of my looks ("kinda sexy?" check! "not too slutty?" check!).

More later. :)

Sat Nov 03, 09:32:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home