Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm a Screamer

Well, more of a yeller. When I finally win something at the church bar. I have been trying to win this set of beer glasses for weeks now. Stupid scratch cards always say Try Again. Our waitress, Sara, has been giving me two or three scratch cards every week. No luck. Last night she gave me two. The first was a Try Again. I half-heartedly scratched the other one, expecting another losing card. Instead, it said Congrats. At which point I exclaimed yelled "I won!!! Look, I WON!!!!". Yes, the whole bar knows I won a set of six (very cool) beer glasses. The Stella goblet and the Leffe glass are my favourites, but the Bass Pale Ale glass is also very nice. I will take pics when Hubby return from Chile with my camera!

*Just imagine what I'd be like if I won something big, like a trip or a lot of money. I'd like to think I'd be too shocked to say much, but I now have a bad feeling I'd be one of those incoherent, jumping screamers. How shaming.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

I have all of those glasses and they are great!!!!!!

Sat Dec 06, 07:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lucy said...

I don't know what the "church bar" is, but it sounds like a wonderful, magical place!

Wed Dec 10, 10:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Lucy, the Church Bar is the bar that is practically attached to our church - you can barely see light between the two buildings. Technically, the bar is separated from the church by the wine store and the coffee shop, but hey, that's just semantics. My dad nicknamed it the church bar, and it kind of stuck. Gotta love the half price nachos from 9-midnight. And having a waitress with whom you can say "I have the usual". (Norm!!!)

Fri Dec 12, 09:01:00 a.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Nah - screaming is just amusing. do you think you could do a happy dance as well???

Fri Dec 12, 04:19:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Congratulations!

Sun Dec 14, 11:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home