Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ze drunk Blog

wow - keep reading about drunk blogging, but never done it. Lots and lots of sangria at Kit's place (my sister-in-law),and I am just Soooo happy for spell check (vowels? you mean there's an order to make sense?)

So my parents arrived this afternoon. And took the kids out for dinner while Hubby and I went to Kit's for a Thank-You dinner (for helping her move). We played a murder mystery game that Hubby and I used for a New Year's dinner in 1997. Sadly,neither of us could remember "who dunnit", so it was unfortunate that we were mostly observers/extras! That's okay - plenty of time for more sangria for me.

On the way home, I was most worried that we might hit a deer - I have a huge fear of that, not because I'm worried about the vehicle, but because I would be a mess, trying to save the deer. Happily, no deer at all. When I was pregnant, I was rear-ended by some teenager who didn't see the deer about to jump. I had slowed a bit, the deer had turned, and I was just about to accelerate when BAM!!!!! I was very happy that it was me and not the deer that got hit (fyi, in car vs. Jeep, Jeep wins. I had a Jeep Cherokee at the time. In chili pepper red. Before the van. Which is now a crossover - the Ford Freestyle. AT least it's not a van. I digress. . . )

When I was trying to get pregnant, I had many weird dreams. Well, I often have odd dreams, as does my best friend, Gerhard. I actually gave him a dream analysis book because we both have bizarre dreams, especially when we are under the same roof (maybe it's the alcohol?). So I called him about this one dream, in which PoD (Prince of Darkness) and a whole bunch of deer (stags, due to the antlers) figured prominently. Go figure - deer are a fertility symbol, especially deer with antlers (stags). I was pregnant within a month (with twins, no less!!!!). Behave yourself, PoD.

Okay, that's the drunk blog. I am going to church with my Dad in the morning. We are sneaking out early, but I just really need to see other new cantors. I am feeeling extremely queasy when I think that I will be singing in less than a month. And I start on D. Gordon is confident. I am a little (A LOT!!!!) less so!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger luckybuzz said...

I. Love. Drunkblogs. :)

(Glad you didn't hit a deer!)

Sun Jul 09, 12:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Wow those are some interesting dreams, my friend. Stags huh? BTW I heart drunk blogs too....

Sun Jul 09, 09:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

I think I need to do a post about some of my bizarre and very vivid dreams. And my best friend/Corwin's Godfather Gerhard? He and I both have even weirder dreams when we are under the same roof. And I don't think it can ALL be attributed to the alcohol!

Mon Jul 10, 12:29:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home