Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

This Is It!

Tomorrow morning is the solo. My solo. I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be, and hopefully it will stay that way. Had a rehearsal on Thursday at the church. I got to sing it exactly once. Then Gordon turned to me and said "What happened? That was awesome!" I guess vocal lessons aren't a bad idea - I actually projected my voice in our extremely sound-absorbing church. That's with 2 voice lessons. I wonder how many lessons I'll need to sing the Queen of the Night's aria from the Magic Flute (okay, there may not be enough time for that many lessons - and I may not have that kind of range. I'll keep you posted). So . . . since this is a long weekend here in Canada, I'm hoping on a small turnout at church in the morning. Because my big fear is getting up there and choking, not being able to sing or just barely squeaking something awful out.

Oh crap, what should I wear?!?!?!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Good for you!

Wear something comfortable (as in worn a few times, not flip flops and shorts!) or else you'll be singing those incredible notes and thinking Is my skirt riding up??

You'll be wonderful. Congratulations!

Sun Aug 06, 08:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jesse said...

There was a guy singing in the subway today, he was pretty good and his voice carried rreally well I was impressed.

I wish you luck in your solo. I'd like to hear you sing, I think.

Sun Aug 06, 12:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger luckybuzz said...

Hope it went great and you had fun!

Sun Aug 06, 07:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it go? i'm sure it went terrific!
More than half the battle is just getting up there and facing 'the music.'
Lola

Sun Aug 06, 07:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

I cant wait to hear how it went! Im sure you rocked the church.

Sun Aug 06, 09:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thanks for the good wishes, guys!
daysgoby - I made sure to wear soemthing that I wouldn't trip in, or have a "wardrobe malfunction"
Jesse - Thanks. Subways have good resonance, kind of like bathrooms. (hmmm, maybe that's why some people get confused and use the subway as. . . but that's another topic altogether!)
Luckybuzz - thanks! It went well, and it was kind of fun (stressful, but fun)
Lola - I faced the music (ha ha!). Maybe I'll even karaoke!

Mon Aug 07, 01:00:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Mon Mar 05, 03:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home