Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pump You Uuuuup!


Thirteen Things About the BodyPump Class Canada Participated In



1. Even in the middle of the day, this is a popular class.
2. So it's tricky to get a spot, esp when you've never done this class, and aren't quite sure how much space you'll need.
3. The instructor is on a raised platform at the front of the room.
4. There are more mirrors than anyone who's trying to get into shape needs! (really, do I need to see myself at every angle?)
5. Each woman has an aerobics step with two risers at each end, and a yoga mat.
6. Each woman also has a barbell, two clips to hold the weights on, and each woman chooses their own assortment of weights for their level of fitness. Also tricky for the newbie!
7. This whole class is a weight workout, using the barbell.
8. For the warmup, most people use just a bit of weight. No problem.
9. For the second section, people add weight. I was conservative. During this portion, I thought "okay, could've used more weight - this was pretty easy"
10. The third section involved removing some weight. Maybe I removed too much? Maybe I didn't have enough on, so I didn't really need to remove any. Also easy.
11. For the tricep workout, people removed more weight. I didn't, because I didn't have enough for the previous part. Besides, glancing around, I seemed to be similar to other people (not including the woman in front of me, who had obviously been doing this class for a while!). This part was done laying down on the yoga mat on top of the aerobic step. It started out well. And then I heard this voice screaming "TOO MUCH WEIGHT!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!" I was very happy to realize that it was only in my head - I wasn't actually yelling for the entire class to hear.
12. It's difficult to complete the abs workout (including pushups, but I do yoga plank so I don't mess up my neck/shoulder that's almost fixed) when your arms are quivering like jello.
13. It takes about six days for your muscles to recover after doing too much weight during the tricep section. Now that I've recovered, I'm going again today.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Zeus



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.


2 Comments:

Blogger Zeus said...

Wow! That class sounds extremely intense. Too much weight with tricep exercises can hurt for days. I completely concur with the six day down time! There's nothing worse than strained triceps!

Happy Thursday to you! I hope you continue with the class and get everything you need out of it! Feel free to visit my list as well if you get the chance.

Thu Sep 14, 01:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

How about i forgot to post to this? Yikes buddy...im not even quite sure what triceps are. But I admire you!

Fri Sep 15, 07:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home