Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Freedom!!!!!

And they're off. To camp. The countdown - fifteen days 'til school. Woo hoo!!

Yes, I love my children, but I am very, very over being a referee. Seriously, I was about ready to buy a whistle. It got THAT bad towards the end of the week. Both of them are tired, Corwin is experiencing major stress about grade one ("It's going to be too hard. What if I can't do it? Everyone will think I'm stupid! And I'm going to miss Mrs Mac!!!!!"), and they are just ready for a more formal routine. So . . . camp is a very good thing. It will also get them into the swing of full days for grade one.

We had no problem getting up this morning, and they were very excited about camp. We drove to the mall where the bus was picking them up, and we were early (on purpose - I wasn't sure how bad traffic would be). Shortly after we arrived, C. and his mom, J, pulled up. We walked over to the bus stop area, and it wasn't long before the school bus drove into the parking lot. The kids were excited, all lined up. Clara gave her name, and got on the bus. Big smile, big wave. C. gave his name, got on the bus. He sat next to Clara. Corwin gave his name, gotr on the bus, and squished into the same seat. All three were grinning and waving. But the bus had to wait for a few minutes. J and I were chatting as we waited, and then I looked up to see Clara's little face creased up, with the pouty lip, mouthing "Mummy". Oh No!!!!!! I stepped onto the bus, told her to take her backpack off so she'd be more comfortable, and she said "Mummy, I want to go with you". At least there was a female camp counsellor, who said "Wait until you get to camp, and then if you're still sad after we do some fun things, we'll call your mom". When the bus pulled out a minute or two later, Clara didn't look happy, but at least she wasn't crying. WHY could the bus not have left once they all got on?!?!?! I'm sure Clara will be fine (esp because Corwin and C. are there, too), but I hate seeing her be all sad like that, when she should still be excited and having fun.

Well, off to get some stuff accomplished. First - rearrange Clara's room. And do laundry. And maybe relax with my coffee and book. Yeah, I think I'll do the coffee thing first. I have all day!

4 Comments:

Blogger nancycle said...

What?! Omar's Ms. C's really MEAN didn't put Corwin's fears to rest? Hmm..Odd...

While you bathe in the luxuriant stream of time off, if you find any spare-spare-time, please think of me for a walk, a glass of wine or dinner or all! :)

Mon Aug 21, 09:58:00 a.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

p.s.

sorry you had to see Clara's moment of separation anxiety

DON'T read my blog entry until after she's back

Mon Aug 21, 10:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger crse said...

ohhh buddy. im not looking forward to that separation anxiety. I had to prod Norm off my leg tonight just so i could go to the dmv. For twenty minutes. And I left him with his Dad. Im so coveting camp time and such. The Turnip has not stopped whining since this morning...er make that July 28th

Mon Aug 21, 06:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

Enjoy the free time!

Tue Aug 22, 05:16:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home