Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, August 28, 2006

8 Days (Make That 6) . . . Not That I'm Counting

Okay, I feel like I'm losing my mind at an even more rapid clip. Last week ended up being fun, yet very tiring for the kids, and full of WAY more errands than I thought. I give you the basic update, 'cause I'm tired.
- started going to the chiropractor again (a new one - loved the one I went to years ago, but it's too far, hated the one I went to when I was pregnant). Neck and shoulder issues are doing better.
- voice lesson was great. Have been invited to a Master Class (in early Dec) in which we will sing through the arias and recitatives of Handel's Messiah. Very excited!
- finished Boot Camp. Did it all, baby!! And I wanted more so . . .
- went to check out new gym that has cardio and weights and classes, and is women's only. I've never felt like doing aerobics classes, but this place has a good mix, and if I can do Boot Camp, I can do this. Details later.
- QUIT MY CRAPPY GYM!!!!!! And smiled the whole time. Ha!!!!
- Sunday the kids had their soccer tournament. In the rain. Nothing like playing soccer in the rain. Unfortunately, Corwin got chilled between the second and third(last) game, and was shivering and miserable. He did manage to stop two goals - yay Corwin!! Clara almost scored one - it hit the post. They had fun, then a hot bath and off to Aunt Kit's to celebrate Tal's 25th birthday. Tal is Aunt Kit's daughter. Corwin ate well, but only two bites of cake, then he went for a nap in Aunt Kit's bed. Poor Corwin - totally unlike him. Slept well Sunday night, was fine Monday morning. However . . .
- Clara spiked a fever. We went to Parc Omega anyway (very cool place, lots of fun). My mother-in-law came, too, and it was a good day. Gave Clara some kid's Advil, she slept the whole way home, didn't eat dinner, went to bed early (after sleeping all evening on the couch). More Advil during the night. Nothing is sore, nothing aches, she's just really hot and really tired, when she has a fever, or totally fine if she doesn't.
- Same yesterday - we went to the cottage of a friend, had a great day, and just gave Clara Advil to maintain her temp.
- Last night - Clara needed more Advil around 1 am, then Corwin woke with wicked croup at 5 am. Steam bathroom worked, but he was panicking and kept saying "I'm going to die!!!" because he was having such a hard time breathing. No fun for him, no fun for me. We went to the doc today and he's supposed to drink lots of fluids (was doing that), no dairy (was doing that), steam before bed (was going to do that), keep quiet today (was planning on it), and not talk much (for those who know Corwin - GOOD LUCK!!)

So, as you can see, I started this on Monday, but this is the first chance I've had. Yikes. I'm tired. I need a nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

Girl, I hear you with the need for a nap. I hope the children are feeling better. Also, that is fantastic about the master class.

Sat Sep 02, 08:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home