Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Random TT


Thirteen Random Things about Canada


1. I'm currently running on about an hour of sleep. Yet, now that the kids are off to school, I can't fall asleep. Go figure.
2. I love decorating for Gala events, and the setting down is okay. Not a huge fan of unloading at the warehouse as the sun comes up, but I avoided that one today as I had to be home by 6 so Hubby could go to work.
3. I really need to get more music therapy clients. If I could get another 7.5 contact hours, I would be very happy.
4. The kids' birthday party absolutely rocked last Saturday. Clara and Corwin had their party together (they each invited their own friends and hosted their own table). It was a Make-Your-Own-Pizza event, and it was wonderful. Especially the part where I had no cleaning, no set-up, no coordination of food or games to do. AT ALL. Worth every penny!
5. I'm loving my voice lessons. The aria I'm singing from Handel's Messiah is really fun, and I'm looking forward to the Masterclass.
6. So the voice lessons may be going to my head. I now have a major desire to sing first soprano instead of second. Because I can sing those high G's and A's. And another woman (who is really sweet and nice) who joined after me last year moved up. Weasley says I should lobby for it. I don't think so. I need to be moved up on my ability. So, there will be lots of hard work ahead.
7. I started my flute quartet three weeks ago. I love it!!!!!! I have missed playing more than I realized.
8. In the flute quartet, we divide up the parts. Sometimes I play first, sometimes fourth - we share.
9. I really only put a lot of effort into practicing the pieces in which I play first or second. And I also practice the first line of the pieces in which I don't play first. I'm starting to recall why I developed performance anxiety. I have a perfectionistic streak. And I feel a strong need to play better than everyone else. This may not be healthy. Or it may be the challenge I need.
10. I'm really not competitive in anything else.
11. I'm going out to dinner and a play at the local amateur theatre tomorrow night with a friend of mine (she and I share a season subscription). I can't wait. So, decisions, decisions. Thai food? Or Vietnamese? Or Indian? Or drinks and a salad at Baton Rouge? I'm really craving sushi (esp after seeing platters of it backstage being carried out last night), but that's one thing she's not into.
12. I'm doing decorating again on Saturday. We start setting up the Disco Theme event at 6:30 am (blech!!), and work until it's ready (about 6/6:30 pm). Then we have a break and take-down starts at 1/1:30 am. I have to be out of there by 4:30 - I have church (which includes singing in the choir), and then Hubby's whole family back here for the kids' birthday lunch (their actual birthdate is Oct 2). And Corwin has invited a few extra people "because they're part of our family". Gordon (the organist) and Gaston, Weasley, and Renee and her new girlfriend. Yes, all of Corwin's guests are gay. Too funny. Esp with my very Catholic parents-in-law!
13. I think I'm ready for a nap now.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I'l add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



8 Comments:

Blogger nancycle said...

Did you take my advice and contact that woman yet?!

Glad to hear the B-Days went off without a hitch!

FYI: Corwin was very sweet on Monday night and "came over just to say hi" with a hug in tow.

Thu Sep 28, 10:41:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Canada,
Thanks for the updates...I've been chomping at the bit here at work every day waiting for your latest entry!!
PS> I don't know how you do it all! I barely have the energy to string along a variety of men let alone do all that you do! :)

Weasley

Thu Sep 28, 02:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Nancycle - that woman is apparently not the one to contact. I need to talk to the head od Special Ed. Will do on Monday.

Weasley - ah yes, but stringing along a variety of men sounds infinitely more fun, doesn't it?

Thu Sep 28, 02:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah.....yes, Canada. Tis a pleasure and a CURSE at the same time...

Thu Sep 28, 04:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

Cool - how did you find out who to contact?

You go-girl! Monday :-D

*CHEERS!!!*

Once you're all hooked up - we'll make a night of it.

Thu Sep 28, 09:00:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singing first isn't being moved up, we always have to sing higher and we don't get to sing any cool harmonies. It is boring, I have been trying to switch out of the section for years, but I am not allowed (being able to sing high isn't a gift, it's a curse).

Well that is my one-sided opinion anyways. Plus, we need to spread out the good sopranos between both parts, something about sharing (vague memories of Kindergarten).

Also, I totally sympathize about performance anxiety. It comes from being smarter than the average talented person - I mean think about it, stupid people aren't scared of anything...I mean...something less insensitive and full of myself.

Fri Sep 29, 01:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

You make me laugh, Beck. And I hate singing harmony. C'mon, I'm a flute player, what do I know about harmony? I'll trade ya? (I wonder what Gordon would say if we switched spots and just said "oh, we traded"?)

Fri Sep 29, 11:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Well this explains where youve been all week! Yeesh is this what i have to look forward to when they are in school? I was thinking something involving a lot more naps...

Sat Sep 30, 11:54:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home