Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In Other News

As in, not flute related. Still music, though.

Handel's Messiah, the masterclass. In which I am singing an aria. The date has been set, the venue booked. And apparently the media will be contacted, as this is open to the public. Huh? Masterclass equals performance. Wow. I thought it would be open to the other students of Awesome Voice Teacher (AVT), and the families/friends of those singing. I have been mistaken many, many times before, and it looks like I am wrong again. But wrong, with a whole heaping pile of nerves and nausea about performing (high A!! SOLO!!) is less fun than it sounds.

Gotta go to my session. And then it's off to flute quartet with the ridiculous loaner on which I have no low register. Fabulous.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your flute? And can you pretend that its all just families?

Wed Oct 25, 09:36:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh duh, just read last post...there's your flute...off with Pascal...

Wed Oct 25, 09:39:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canada, you are going to give yourself an ulcer!

Enough worrying!..lol..you're making me nervous!

Weasley

Wed Oct 25, 11:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Did I mention the performance anxiety? I think I'm doing pretty good at the moment. Wait 'til December, when I have to sing. Or the choir tour, when I have to play. The greenish tinge to my skin, the shaking hands, the nausea, the potential vomiting (actually, the last time I really did hurl before playing was an audition for concert band in grade 10. Now I just feel queasy)

Wed Oct 25, 11:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

Hey, I think that's great. Best of luck to you!

Wed Oct 25, 12:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home