Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

But I Don't Have Time To Get Sick

I have been trying very, very hard not to get sick. I have consumed way more Airborne than is recommended, and sadly - I'm out (not available in Canada). It was working, but I am now a bit stuffy, and the Monday night choir rehearsal (from 7:30 - 10)killed my voice in the last half hour. Uh oh.

So, yesterday's voice lesson was passable - we rehearsed the aria, and Awesome Voice Teacher (AVT) plyed me with lemon tea with lots of honey (did you know that honey is very moisturizing for the throat?). We also went over the Hallelujah chorus, which we will all sing at the end. Of tonight's performance. Yes, today is the day. I have been so busy with rehearsals and decorating (mine) and Christmas shopping that I have found little time to blog. Also, I am so freaked out by the thought of singing ALONE in front of people that I have just been trying to keep busy with other things.

On Saturday, I did manage to get through the aria no problem in front of the rest of the performers. The only tricky part for me was not running off stage as soon as I was done. But AVT reminded me that I have to stand there until the music is finished. That's 8 bars, ladies and gentlemen!!!! Let's hope the accompanist plays fast.

Okay, I'm off to flute quartet rehearsal (no rest for the wicked), and then I have to get in the zone for tonight. I already coloured my hair (had to hide the grey, thank you Natural Instincts). Picked up my dry cleaning, my new brown suede boots are ready to go, and I have my music. Now I just have to remember to breathe.

Sorry this is so disorganized, but . . . lack of concentration and organized thought caused by major anxiety and all.

Oh, I also played my flute in church on Sunday for the lighting of the Advent candle. It went well, and I wasn't too nervous. Baby steps, people, baby steps.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Canada!
I hope it goes well for you tonite! I'll be thinking about you!

I miss you!

Weasley :)

Wed Dec 13, 05:12:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi canada,
Wishing you the bestest for tonight.

Wed Dec 13, 05:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could be there
let me know how it goes
lola

Wed Dec 13, 08:03:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you are going to be a complete star! Im so excited. Feel better and keep us posted sunshine!

Wed Dec 13, 08:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the performance goes (went?) great! And I hope you feel better...should I send you some Airborne?

Wed Dec 13, 09:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thanks, guys!!

LB, guess what I found today? It isn't Airborne, but it's the same stuff in a generic brand (only in a disgusting orange flavour). We'll see if the taste improves . . . otherwise, I might drive to Ogdensburg just to get some lemon-lime Airborne!

Wed Dec 13, 11:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home