Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The C List

The mission: to name ten or more things I love beginning with the letter designated to me by Nimue .


So, ten (or more, we'll see) things I love beginning with the letter 'C'.

1. Christmas - well, this is an obvious one, especially at this time of year. But anyone who knows me, or has read my previous post, is aware that I am somewhat insane about Christmas. And the decorating that goes with it. Not too many people have five decorated, full size tress.
2. Cooking - I love cooking, finding new recipes, and getting everything coordinated and timed out just right so that all the elements of a meal are ready at the same time. I don't get to do as much of the fun and elaborate kind of cooking as I did before we had kids, but it's getting better.
3. Chocolate - GOOD chocolate, not that waxy crap that they sell in some places. Not too sweet, but very creamy. And I know it's not really chocolate, but I love white chocolate, too.
4. Coladas (as in pina or strawberry) - made with dark rum. Yum.
5. Cantering - on horseback. Such a comfortable gait, and the feel of the wind in your face and your hair blowing . . . the best.
6. Choir - last June I realized how important choir was to me when we ended for the summer. I really, really love singing with everyone, and I have made some awesome friends in the choir (especially Weasley and Beck)
7. Cheese - Oh, yeah. A nice glass of wine and some fine, artisanal cheese . . delicious. I absolutely adore Roquefort, and brie, and oka, and . . . the list goes on. Hmmm, cheese and chocolate. No wonder why my pants are snug!
8. Carols - back to the singing thing again. But it's true, you only get to sing them once a year, and it's so fun. My favourite is The Huron Carol.
9. Children - I love working with kids. And I especially love my own two darlings, Corwin and Clara. They have their moments, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!
10. crse I'm totally addicted to her blog. I would also put Clare, but she's disappeared, and been replaced by Nimue :)
11. Cleaning - Okay, I admit it. But no ironing!!

Edited to add:
12. Canada - the country. I like being Canadian.
13. Cooper, Jilly - okay, not exactly high-brow literature, but her Riders series is very entertaining. I love Rupert Campbell-Black, and the whole horse and show-jumping thing. It's just so . . . so . . . British. Also, my son's real name is in the series, a character I really liked (not the first place I'd heard it, but one of the most memorable).

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Shouldn't Corwin and Clara get their own entries on this list? :)

Wed Dec 20, 10:22:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I've been resisting (why? I have no idea. Just to be obstinate.), but you wanna go ahead and give me a letter, I'll see what I can do with it.

And yum. Coladas, chocolate, and cheese. I'll be over for lunch in a bit. :)

Oh, and hooray for crse making the list! :)

Wed Dec 20, 12:04:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Canada,

Cool post..I've had some "C" words on my mind today, too...

like "couple", "cuddling", "crazy-about him", "can-you-believe-it?", "cute", etc...LOL

*sigh*

Weasley

Wed Dec 20, 02:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Well, Dr BH, since I usually think of them with their real names, and only one of those begins with C, I figured I'd go with children.

And I guess I really should have included Canada, the country. Damn, I suck early in the morning!!!

LB - let me know when you want to come over and I'll fire up the blender and get the chocolate out!
And wow, you're going to let ME bestow a letter upon you? Cool. I pick . . . S.

Wed Dec 20, 02:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Ah Weasley, you're so cute!!! And you and CF (Condiment Free) are totally adorable together!

Wed Dec 20, 03:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee.

What more can I say?

Wed Dec 20, 07:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Oh Nancycle!!! How the hell could I have forgotten coffee? Esp as I was actually drinking it when I did this?!?! Maybe I should also add caffeine to the list.

Wed Dec 20, 11:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like OMG, I so totally know what you mean.

When I think of Canada, I SO TOTALLY THINK OF COFFEE.

LIKE, AM I SHOUTING?

Remember the year you dressed up as the Robert Palmer girl, red guitar to boot and all? That costume SO KICKED ASS. Hey! Costume starts with a "C".

Like, sorry, totally on a caffine buzz. I think I need to go lay down.

Sat Dec 23, 02:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home