Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Stuff

Okay, it's been a while since I did any decent posting about stuff going on. So here are the highlights.

  • Weasley has a new man in his life. And this is serious and romantic. Can't wait to meet him (and then I will give him an alias, or Weasley can think up one). Yay Weasley!!
  • Gerhard visited. It was great. Unfortunately, didn't get see Ms Nordic (his wife), as she left early on the Sunday. Gerhard arrived at church just as we were finishing up. Beck could tell he'd arrived because I had a stupid grin on my face. She was dying to see him, too, because she remembered him a bit from the time MANY, MANY years ago when Hubby and I ran the youth group that she was in, and Gerhard was here for an awesome Christmas party that I had, and the youth group made Christmas ornaments. She still has it - it says "Gerhard is crazy". Funnily, Gerhard and Hubby share the same first name, so she thought it was about Hubby, and then it all came back to her. Anyway, they said hi, and then we went to the in-laws. (yes, G, I owe you big time, esp since crazy sister was there!!!). Had some time to hang out at our house, and Corwin dragged Gerhard all over, showing him his fish, and all kinds of stuff. I drove Gerhard to the airport and hung out for about 45 minutes before he had to go through security. We had a beer and just chatted. He's going to be a Dad at the end of January, so it will be pretty hectic for a bit. He's also planning a sabbatical next year, and has one or two conferences in Ottawa, so hopefully we can hang out a bit more next time. The huge bonus of this whole visit - I am over him. After almost eighteen years of being completely in love with him (I met him the year after Hubby, and don't worry, I am still in love with him, too - I never said I was normal). Anyway, this is the first time I have seen Gerhard and actually not had that whole thing going on (and I wasn't deluding myself that I was over him before I saw him, because I have thought that in the past, and then felt like I was kicked in the stomach once I saw him - not fun, easier just to accept it and go on as usual). So, this time - actually over him. Weird, but very, very good.
  • My Dad gets here today for the two concerts on Sunday. Hopefully, I will actually be able to sing by then. Last night, my voice started disappearing for certain notes again. And we have a three hour rehearsal tomorrow. I'm trying not to talk too much today (stop laughing, all of you who know me, I am capable of being quiet occasionally!). And I'm really excited about playing my flute and piccolo in the flute quartet concert.
  • Yesterday, I pretty much finished my Christmas shopping. I still have to get some stocking stuffers, but I can do that next week. Oh, and the gift card for Hubby's nephew - their debit was down, and I wasn't going to the ATM and then lining up again.
  • I'm excited about going to Beck's for dinner tonight - yes, I am ditching my Dad, but dinner is simmering in the slow cooker, and Hubby and my father get along great. They can chill out once the kids go to bed, and before that, I know Corwin and Clara will be all over him.
  • Today is the day that PoD returns from Sudan. Not sure if this is his departure date, or whether he arrives in Edmonton today, but barring any major disasters, I don't have to worry about his safety in scary military zones for a while.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all the news that's fit to print (the rest is just too unexciting to bother with).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUDAN!!! AHA!!! After months of waiting! I had a funny feeling about gerhardt.

Tue Dec 19, 09:51:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home