Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, January 22, 2007

I Am In An Orchestra!!!!!!!

Wow! I know I posted about being asked, and being nervous, but I still thought I might suck badly enough to get kicked out. Apparently, I don't!

In very happy news, the first flautist was there (whew!!!), and it went very, very well. She commented that my tuning was bang on, and although I came in a bar early at one point (oops, TWO bars rest, not just one), she screwed up a couple of times, too. That's what rehearsals are for. My favourite part? During the last sweeping number that we played, when she and I blended so beautifully (I have the lower harmony and then we're in unison, and then harmony again) and I looked up beyond Gordon's baton to see him grinning broadly at us.

A bonus - there is orchestra eye candy. A lovely thing when the flutes are tacet (we don't play) in a couple of sections. Also good that I brought my book. And next time, will remember to dress for survival (damn, our church is cold!!!!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a wonderful experience. So nice when the thing you are nervous about turns out so well, with such nice memories like the ones you described. Fun!

Tue Jan 23, 07:28:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home