Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, February 02, 2007

It's Official

It's Groundhog Day!!! And it's official - there will be an early spring. This was forecast by Shubenacadie Sam in Nova Scotia, Wiarton Willie in Wiarton, Ontario, and Punxatawny Phil in Pennsylvania. Woo hoo!!!!

As it's snowing at the moment, I will hold off on packing away the winter gear. Corwin is not happy with this prediction - he wants to enjoy the snow for another 6 weeks. Clara wanted an early spring. Her reason? She misses wearing capri pants. What a little diva!!!

This prediction certainly came at the appropriate time to reinforce the report on global warming.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Staten Island Chuck (NYC) and General Beauregard Lee (in Georgia), who also came to the same conclusion!

Fri Feb 02, 10:09:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Now, allow me to ask, what the hell does Georgia need a harbinger of spring for? Their magnolias will be blooming while we're still shovelling anyway!!!!

Fri Feb 02, 11:29:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We haven't really even had much winter here...a couple of days, but that's about it. I'm just not sure whether I'm happy or sad about that. I guess I'm conflicted, at best. (But Clara's looking forward to spring to wear capris is pretty adorable.) :)

Fri Feb 02, 03:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

YAY! I am so sick of winter I could spit, although my spit would likely just freeze anyway.

Sat Feb 03, 09:44:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I haven't hated sinter as much as I usually do, I am still pleased to know that it won't stick around to ware out its welcome.

Sat Feb 03, 11:12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for an early spring. I LOVE warm weather!
I'm with Clara, ready to break out the capris. :)

Sat Feb 03, 02:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm that seems perfect for a dorkbloggers ATT...You might be a dork if you can name more than one groundhog location and also have results from said locations...your button looks spectacular darling...

Sun Feb 04, 10:53:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Thank you , crse :) I told you I'd fit right in!

Sun Feb 04, 07:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home