Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Random 13



Thirteen Things about Canada




1. Suddenly realized that I am too old to drink caffeine at night. It never used to be a problem, but lying awake at 4 am, I know that it does affect me now.
2. I am so insanely enjoying my flannel sheets that I went back to bed on Monday after the kids went to school, and pretty much stayed there for the day, napping and reading and writing session plans. Bliss.
3. We don't have a cordless phone. All landlines.
4. I totally suck at the piano. I can't read bass lines to save my life.
5. When I was pregnant, I didn't have any morning sickness. But I had a major aversion to pasta of any kind - white sauce, oil and garlic, tomato sauce - seeing it made me want to throw up. However, Oriental noodles (Pad Thai, pho, etc) were fine, the spicier the better. In the delivery room, when they were doing my sutures (c-section), my doctor said she had to go get lunch because she had another scheduled c-section. My thoughts immediately turned to food and I said "mmm, lasagne would be good!" The anesthesiologist couldn't understand why Hubby laughed so much.
6. I love ballet and ballet music. Actually, when I went into performance, my goal was not a solo career, but to be the first flautist of the National Ballet Orchestra.
7. I'm a bit of a diva, but not confident enough (yet) to really let that side of me out. Beck told me that I was certainly a diva when she heard I was singing a piece from Evita (Another Suitcase, Another Hall), but the true diva shines through with the other music book I bought - Arias for Coloratura Sopranos - it has Der Halle Roche, the Queen of the Night's aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute. I am obsessed - it is my goal (and no, I don't think I'm coloratura, but I am a soprano).
9. When I was pregnant, I was worried that I wouldn't love the kids as much as Jazz Dog. Well, I don't love Jasmine more, but I don't love the kids more, either - they are all my babies. (and one of them doesn't talk back as much as the other two!)
10. I used to be so particular about getting my hair cut at a new hairdresser, that I once took a video of a show to the new salon a week before my appointment to say I wanted the style of a certain character. My hairdresser of twelve years still chuckles about that one - obviously, she passed the test!
11. I have never smoked anything.
12. I HAVE to sleep on a particular side of the bed. (when standing and facing the head, the left).
13. I have a ridiculously good memory for all kinds of useless information. I can remember things from when I was 2, what song was playing when I danced with certain people and what I was wearing at the time, and other assorted minutiae of life. However, it really hasn't come in handy for practical purposes such as exams.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. crse
2.(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"12. I HAVE to sleep on a particular side of the bed. (when standing and facing the head, the left). "

I am the exact opposite, facing the headboard, to the right, no matter what apartment/house or which direction the bed was facing where the windows/door are...always the same side. wierd i guess.

i have the same problem with my memory. can't study to save my life but i can remember split second moments from my childhood.
fuck if i know how that is.

Thu Feb 01, 03:01:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your 13 things...how do i join?
AND very jealous of you in bed all day Monday with your flannels (even though i was at Laguna and Newport Beach CA)
xoL

Thu Feb 01, 08:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never smoked anything? ever? That is so crazy! But good....

Thu Feb 01, 10:39:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have never smoked anything?

Not even a dashed salmon?

Oh well, your loss ;)

Jitender Saan
http://willyousponsorme.blogspot.com/
http://jsaan.blogspot.com/
http://tv-addiction.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 02, 05:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

I have eaten smoked things such as salmon and ham, but have never smoked it myself. I can't stand the smell of smoke (except campfire smoke), and I'm allergic. Can't say I've never had anything to drink, though. :)

So, Lola, how was the beach and Vegas?

Fri Feb 02, 08:03:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No cordless phones??!!! WHAT???!!

I play piano too, and those bass lines are my hang up as well. I'm not very good. My brother is a fabulous pianists who plays & records in Southern CA. I just plunk here and there.

There's no such thing as useless info. That "useless" info could win you a million bucks on a game show some day.

Sat Feb 03, 02:34:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home