Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm back and too tired to really write about my wonderful time away in a sweet seaside town (in a state which has no Bath & Bodyworks, but that disaster was averted by the amazing Clementine and Hashbrown - kudos and a million thanks, ladies!). I'm going to post some quick bullets and will fill in details over the next two days (I have a concert to be in tomorrow, for which I missed the dress rehearsal today, so I might not have much time until Monday). Anyway . . .
  • Had my very first blog-friend meeting. I was totally nervous to be meeting someone so cool, but it was just awesome. Luckybuzz truly rocks and if you don't read her blog, you should. And then you'll be all jealous but maybe you, too, can meet her one day. More later.
  • It was a great hotel, and they had very nice room service. A suggestion for when you can't decide between red or white when you're ordering room service on your own - order a glass of each and conduct your own private wine tasting.
  • Got to meet the unbelieveably adorable Hester Willa, daughter of Clementine and Hashbrown. She's eleven weeks old and is all eyes and cupid's bow mouth. Truly one of the most gorgeous and photogenic babies ever.
  • Spent time with Bert and Vermont. Had many debates about the volume of the pregnant Vermont's snoring and how warm Bert preferred the room. Laughed a whole lot. Quietly reminisced about the first night when I had the room to myself, the window open, and the previously mentioned room service with wine. :) (but I really wouldn't trade my time with them)
  • Filled my brain with two five hour courses on Thursday. The first, at 7:30 a.m. (ugh!), was great, the presenter was informative and entertaining. The second, though interesteng, stressed me out to the max. When I got the actual program at registration and read the blurb, my immediate thought was "this can't be right". I NEVER sign up for things billed as experiential and didactic workshops. Particularly when they are about Vocal Psychotherapy. As in SINGING. 'Cause you all know that I don't do that in front of people. Survived, but seriously needed alcohol afterwards.
  • Actually went to three of the five other sessions offered during the rest of the conference (and missed one because I had to get to the airport for my flight home). And the business meeting. Even though there was a spa at the hotel. And I walked by it at least three times a day going to and from sessions, and didn't even go in, let alone get a massage/facial/pedicure.
  • Had Ben & Jerry's twice. Sadly, the second time it wasn't the same kinda cute guy behind the counter (it's all about the eye candy)
  • Have developed an addiction to BPAL. Trying to narrow down my order of imp's ears. A year of good luck if you can guess who the enabler is!
  • Hubby and kids picked me up at the airport. Of course, flight was delayed (and I let them know, but they came anyway), and then it was delayed further once we were on the tarmac waiting to take off and I couldn't call, so Corwin and Clara were very tired. So am I, plus I smell like stale airplane air, so I am going to soak in the tub before heading to bed. More detail about the fun ans interesting parts soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That blogger meetup was absolutely fabulous, and I think I can guess who your enabler is. :) (Glad you got home safe & sound!)

Sun Apr 01, 12:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger crse said...

Oh i now have good luck for a year yay! Im so glad the trip was good and the meetup was so fun for everyone! Next time im definitely jumping on board!

Sun Apr 01, 02:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home