Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Panic and Stress

Okay, I am trying valiantly not to freak out. I mean, it;s not exactly a matter of life and death. But I just did my store locator search for my upcoming conference. I like to plan ahead, and know how many zippered plastic bags I will need for my Bath & Bodyworks stuff, and if I need to bring extra shoes or can just get a new pair at Bass, you know, the basics. Imagine my distress at the discovery that Newport, RI has virtually no shopping. Well,they seem to advertise upscale and unique boutiques, but that's not helping my rapidly dwindling Warm Vanilla Sugar shampoo and conditioner problem, now is it? And I figure that bras at a "boutique" probably cost eight times as much as Victoria's Secret, and I would actually have to try the damn things on and most likely be fitted by either a grey haired lady rounder than she is tall, or some snooty thin woman who needs defrosting to say hello without a chill. Either way, no thanks!

Crap, crap, crap - I guess that after my ten hours of coursework on Thursday, I will just have to find some way to get to Providence on Friday and sacrifice some of the concurrent session times for shopping. I wonder what restaurants are there? Oooh, and maybe there's a Pottery Barn for browsing.

3 Comments:

Blogger nancycle said...

You go girl!

Wed Mar 14, 07:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

You're right about Newport. It has really cute shopping, but it's v. pricey and they don't have chain stores in town. We could bring you some B&BW stuff, though! Just tell us what you need.

Wed Mar 14, 01:55:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do what you have to do to get to the shops! You have my full and unwavering suport.
Lola
p.s. thanks for today!

Wed Mar 14, 08:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home