Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Recap

I did not get breakfast in bed, which is a blessing in so many ways. I did, however, get greeted by two excited kids while I was still in bed. On Saturday, Corwin and Clara insisted that I needed flowers. They each got me a bunch of tulips - red from Corwin, pink from Clara "because those are the colours for love". Awwww! Then on the actual day, both of them came bearing an armful of gifts. They each got me something for the garden - a lantern from Corwin and a cute bee stake with bouncy wings from Clara. But the best gifts were the creations they made at school.

First of all, they each made flowers with pipe cleaner stems, and petals that folded out. Something was written on each petal.
On Corwin's: I love you, You are the best, You are a good mom, I love your hugs, You are a good cook, and You are a Sens fan (okay, that last one was a big dose of wishful thinking on his part!!)
On Clara's: I love you, You're the best, You are so pretty, You are as sweet as sugar, You are cool, You're the best in the world.

Then there were a couple of cards that were made at school, and a scroll which contained a beautiful (tear-inducing) poem called "A Child's Angel". Also in the scroll was a fill in the blanks paper entitled My Mother. This was very, very funny. Here are their answers (and one real answer, too!)

1. My Mom is ______ years old. She has ____ hair and _____ eyes.
- Corwin's: 17, black, brown.
- Clara's : 87, brown, brown.
- actual : 38 (recently turned), dark brown, brown.

2. My mom's favourite thing to do is _____.
- Corwin's: bring us out for dinner.
- Clara's : work in the garden.

3. My favourite thing that my mom makes is _____.
- Corwin's: honey garlic chicken.
- Clara's : pasta.

4. My mom is good at _____.
- Corwin's: singing in the choir.
- Clara's : colouring.

5. I'm happy when my mom _______.
- Corwin's: and I cook together.
- Clara's : drives me to school.

6. My mom likes to watch ______ on T.V. and listen to _____.
- Corwin's: the weather, Nickelback (too funny, they never see me watch
tv but I check the weather every morning before school!)
- Clara's : her stuff, soft music.

7. My mom's best friend is _____.
- Corwin's: Nancycle.
- Clara's : Beck.

8. My mom looks really pretty when _____.
- Corwin's: she goes to choir.
- Clara's : she wears earrings.

9. I am proud of my mom because _____.
- Corwin's: she is good at everything.
- Clara's : she makes good food.

I will be saving these little gems forever (and I'm so glad that my son thinks I'm so youthful! LOL, I would have had them at the ripe old age of 10!!!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

sounds like a sweet day
for a different take, go to my site and read about alternative things to do on 'mama mama' day
lola

Mon May 14, 01:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

that was great! I kind of want to test Norm! Im glad it was a good day for one of my favorite mommies!

Mon May 14, 08:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

those are awesome gifts

Mon May 14, 10:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

So cute. Lucky mama.

Mon May 14, 10:22:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those fill in the blanks are *awesome*. Sounds like a great day! :)

Tue May 15, 12:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger nancycle said...

Hi, err...um..this is your "best friend" according to Corwin and I'd like to second the notion that you are indeed good a colouring.

Thank you.

Tue May 15, 07:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Clementine said...

I'm so glad you had a nice day! Your kids are so sweet.

Tue May 15, 01:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this comment is quite late, but the fact that Clara thinks I am your best friend means that her indoctrination into the fanclub is complete!!!! SOOOOOO HILARIOUS.

Tue Jun 19, 11:25:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home