Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Lazy Blogger

Yes, I am still alive. It has been very busy around here with choir and flute and the kids starting soccer. My parents were here for a few days doing house stuff again (my Dad is still driving my Mom crazy, but not quite as much as before), and Corwin was invited to the Writer's Cafe to read his short story, "The Snakes". He had a small panic about it on Monday night, thinking that the auditorium would be packed (they had a play at school on Monday morning, and the gym was crammed with people). We calmed him down, and on Wednesday evening there were not that many people there - only the invited guests of the 50 kids chosen to read. He had been practicing, and did very well (you could see him relax when he saw that it wasn't a "full house"). Here is Corwin's story:
The Snakes
One day, the snake family woke up.
"We will go hunting."
So they went hunting.
Mommy snake and the babies had fun.
A beginning, a middle, and an end. Gotta love grade one. Clara was pretty snotty about the whole thing when Corwin was asked ("It's just the stupid Writer's Cafe".) I pointed out to her that she had done a reading at a shool event on October, and that Corwin hadn't, and that it was a big deal for her then, just as it was for him now. Once I phrased it that way, she became his biggest fan, being his audience when he practiced over and over at home. He did very, very well on Wednesday night - he spoke clearly, and not too fast. Yay Corwin!!!!
The other thing consuming a lot of my attention has been the BPAL addiction. I should be more able to focus on other things now that my actual order has arrived (I improved somewhat last week with my birthday gift of 3 imps from Luckybuzz - Beltane just on time for Beltane, Nemesis, and Smut). I am busily sniffing and deciding which of the 14 new scents I really like, but will keep the ooohing and aaahing to a minimum (well, I'll try)
And this weekend, I need to get out in the garden and do some tidy-up. But I am also going out with Daisy on Saturday evening. First, we were just going to meet to go see a friend's band play in the evening. Then we decided that I would go a bit early with my paint fan to help her pick colours. The we added dinner to the agenda. Now, I'm going over in the mid-afternoon so we can go shopping at the adult toystore, have dinner, chat, drink wine, and go see the band. Weasley may join us for the band portion, and maybe a few others. Sounds like a good time!

2 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

How cute is a writer's cafe in the first grade. I may not be able to fight the bpal addiction much longer. Im questioning my smell right now and need something new...Im skeert.

Mon May 07, 05:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Too funny about the BPAL, crse. When I was looking on eBay, there was someone selling a whole whack of BPAL from your hometown. It made me laugh, thinking maybe it was you and were in denial about the addiction! :)

Tue May 08, 09:21:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home