Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Weekend Update

The Saturday afternoon/evening with Daisy turned into a slumber party. She came to pick me up, we did all of our errands, and then had a couple of glasses of wine. At which point we realized that getting to the restaurant would be tricky, since I can't drive standard, and she was too tipsy to drive. All hail our knight in shining armour, CF, who was supposed to meet us at the restaurant, but came and picked us up in his shiny chariot. We met Beck at Mangia for some more wine and lovely pasta, then headed over to the club. At which point we discovered that the band's timeslot had been pushed back because of the hockey game (and if you know my feelings about hockey, you can imagine how impressed I was!).

Anyway, Weasley and Harry arrived and we all had a while to chat and have a beer (well, Daisy had switched to water at that point, and Beck was enjoying an amaretto sour). The band was pretty good, a bit harder rock than I usually go out for, but I was glad we went. We ended up leaving before they were finished their set because Harry had to work early, and Beck, Daisy, and I all had church in the morning. CF drove Daisy and I home, Weasley chauffeured Harry and Beck.

Daisy and I stayed up chatting for a bit, then I had a fabulous, uninterrupted sleep in her guest room. Woke up and looked at the clock at 6:30, and happily went back to sleep 'til 8! Daisy made homemade waffles in her waffle-iron, and then we headed to church in a leisurely manner - so different from my usual rush around, get the kids ready, leave by 8:50, hurry, hurry, hurry Sunday mornings.

After church (where Hubby and the kids met me), we went to the in-laws for lunch. Corwin and Clara love to weigh themselves on the in-laws scale because it is the talking kind. Clara is currently 45 pounds, and Corwin is now 68 pounds. Crazy!! We were talking about the whole booster seat requirement - kids have to be in a booster until they are 8, reach 80 lbs, or are 4'9" tall. Corwin is very tall, so we decided to measure him. My mother-in-law said we should do that downstairs where Hubby's height and his sisters' heights are recorded on a beam from when they were kids. Corwin went first and was the EXACT height that Hubby was - when he was EIGHT (Corwin's only six and a half). Only 5 inches to grow before he is out of the booster seat. Clara is not impressed. She's tall, but about 4 inches shorter than Corwin. She may make it on the height, but I suspect she'll be eight (we all know she won't hit the weight!).

That's the weekend in a nutshell - beautiful and sunny, and a lot of fun. Here's to many more this spring and summer. Now I need to go get my hands dirty in the garden.

4 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Im so jealous of uninterrupted sleep! My monsters were up at six this morning. I feel the tiredness in my bones! Im glad you had a good weekend though buddy...

Wed May 09, 08:01:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, I think one of us had more to drink that they remember because as I recall I got a ride from CF and not Weasley. How's the memory been these days by the way? Losing your keys at all?

Wed May 09, 10:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Yes, actually I meant to go back and edit that because Weasley's tires were in the back and he could only take Harry. What can I say? I tend to be ditzy these days!!

Wed May 09, 11:44:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--that sounds like an awesome weekend! Hope this one coming up is good too... :)

Wed May 09, 11:52:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home