Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

RBOC - the Lazy Version

  • For the past two nights, I have had the weirdest dreams. And both of them involve choir. Huh.
  • My parents bought their new house on Saturday. Not a 90 day conditional, but a firm purchase. They have one condition to meet by Saturday, which will be no problem, but my Dad is stressed to the max about it.
  • In the same vein, they got feedback from the first week of their listing and now my Dad is convinced that the house will never sell. Based on the fact that ONE agent said they think it's priced too high, and two people said it would take too much updating to make it "contemporary" (hmm, is this a style issue? Since the kitchen is 7 years old, the main bathroom upstairs was redone 8 years ago, the basement is stunning and has a 4'x5' tiled shower stall with a frameless glass door and 2 body jets, a big nozzle, and a pull-out spray, plus hardwood throughout the main. It's not contemporary - more traditional, but it isn't outdated). However, there is one agent who is very interested in it for himself, he's just trying to decide whether he wants to build new or buy this one. My poor Mom, having to deal with my Dad's freak outs. It's funny, but of the five previous houses they sold (we got transferred a lot), he wasn't there for the selling part, and the showing, etc. He was always in the next place working while my Mom dealt with the annoying crap. Anyway, they have another showing tonight.
  • I'm going to a movie tonight with Weasley and CF. We're going to see The Reaping, since they already saw 300. Talk about mixed reviews for 300!! CF loved it, and Weasley hated every second of it. Hopefully tonight's selection will be a good balance for everyone. And what can be better than popcorn for dinner?
  • I know I only placed my order on Saturday, but I am obsessed with when my BPAL order is going to get here, especially as I have been hearing more rave reviews for a couple scents in my order. And I am close to kicking myself for not ordering a full bottle of Dracul, because I *love* it.
  • Easter, the last of the "chocolate holidays" is over. We have so much chocolate that it is entirely ridiculous! Plus my Mom did a ton of baking for the kids. C'mon Hubby! C'mon Corwin and Clara! Eat up so that I don't!
  • I have a serious craving for pho. So much, in fact, that I plan on calling in an order and picking it up for lunch in between my session in nearby town and flute rehearsal.
  • On the flute front, I am starting to wonder what the hell we were thinking when we entered the competitive class of the Kiwanis Festival. Two weeks from today, in the morning, we will compete against another flute choir. They are playing all 4 movements of one of the pieces we are doing. We are playing the 4th movement, and the first movement of a different piece. Unfortunately, it is in the morning. Like, 9:30. Really, that is way too early for me to be playing well. I'm sure there will be more stress venting about the whole thing as the date approaches.

Well, that's about it for now. Time to get ready and drive west. Happy trails.

2 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

last of the chocolate holidays...thank god. Sending big warm selling vibes to your folks!

Wed Apr 11, 09:47:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BPAL orders seem to be shipping pretty fast lately...fingers crossed that yours is one of the speedy ones!

And I had pho TWICE this week--2 days in a row. I think I'm actually good until sometime next week.

Wed Apr 11, 09:16:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home