Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, November 05, 2007

RBOC, the Weekend Edition

**Went out for a drink with my friend Rea last night. Sadly, it had been two years since I'd seen her, and we live a twenty minute drive away, that's it! Life got a bit hectic when she had her second baby, and also started her real estate course and subsequent work as an agent. Between her schedule, and my crazy work/kids/music schedule . . . well, we finally got it together last night. It was great to see her, and we are planning to get together sooner rather than later next time.

**Yesterday morning, while we were all still in the church, someone managed to get into the choir room and steal money, wallets, and cell phones. Beck was mildly amused that her bag wasn't touched and it was sitting out on the table, not even in her locker. My purse was rifled through, but I keep both my wallet and cell phone in odd spots (phew!!) so nothing of mine was taken. Unfortunately, Diva's wallet was stolen and I think that was the last thing she needed - she's still a student. Gordon was calling the police and making a report. Even though I had nothing taken, I still felt all shaky and violated.

**Saturday was a beautiful day and we went for a hike in Gatineau Park. Corwin and Clara were hilarious, as they had gone with Duncan and his mom a few weeks ago. They were telling Hubby and I the way to go, and what would be there . . . guess they didn't realize that Hubby and I hiked there frequently before they were born! Here are a couple of shots of the mill ruins and the family hike.





**Friday night was awesome. I was a nervous wreck on the way to see PoD. Actually, I had to go to a party beforehand, so I had plenty of time for the stress levels to rise. I told PoD that I would call him when I was leaving the party, and it would be after 9. Well, I actually didn't call on my way from the party. I drove to Weasley and CF's new place (gorgeous!!! They just moved in and it looks stunning!!), and called from the parking lot there. Told PoD I was just leaving and would be about a half hour. Then I got the wardrobe approval from Weasley and CF - kinda sexy, not at all slutty. Actually, when Weasley opened the door to the parking lot, he told me I looked beautiful (awww!). Anyway, had the tour, chatted for a few minutes, and headed to PoD's hotel. I called him when it was in sight, and told him I was going to park. He was already downstairs having a smoke when I called. I managed to park and take a few deep breaths before walking through the hotel to meet him. I was fine as soon as we huggd hello. We decided to go to the place we went last time for drinks. I was a little overwhelmed and messed up my directions a bit but we got there the long way. It was good, we had lots of time to chat while we walked brisky in the chilly night. I was still a bit nervous, but we managed to get a cute table in the front of the bar/restaurant, and ordered drinks. We were there for a couple of hours, chatting about his time in Sudan, and work, and my kids, and just life in general. I did have one tiny noticeable moment of panic. That was when he told me there was a possibility of him moving here. Here, where I live. Same city. He noticed and said "Canada, you look panicked. I promise it'll be okay". And he's right, it would be nice to see him more often. Anyway, two drinks later for me (mojitos), four for him (gimlets), and we wandered back to his hotel. We stood outside while he had another smoke, and then he walked me to my car. He's here until next Thursday, and I may see him again. Probably on Tuesday for brunch with Gerhard. Yep, all three of us together again. Expect an interesting post mid-week!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

fun! fun!
btw does hubby read this?
:)LO

Mon Nov 05, 06:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

good god, no!!!

Mon Nov 05, 06:42:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The church theft is pretty awful, but I'm glad you didn't lose anything (tangible). And I'm glad Friday went great! :)

Mon Nov 05, 08:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks for the extended update. But you leave out important details, Can. Such as: Did you kiss him? Did you want to? Are you going to?

Inquiring (and immature) minds want to know.

Mon Nov 05, 09:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once lived across a hall from one of my very best friends. I saw her less thethan when I lived a state away! Btw, is that your house in the halloween pictures post? It looks awesome!

Mon Nov 05, 10:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

LB - yeah, it's the second time something was taken, but last time it was only one. There were about 6 this time.

MaggieMay - Hilarious! Isn't that what I always ask you? There was a peck goodbye, but other than that, it wasn't even a PG get-together (because I'm old and married. Oh, but he's older, so it's the married thing!)

Gretty - Not my house in the Hallowe'en pics - it's the prime minister's residence. And we had a lovely 3 course meal in the formal dining room cooked by the talented (and cute!) chef. With the PM's wife

Tue Nov 06, 06:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lola said...

hee hee!
:)LO

Tue Nov 06, 09:59:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home