Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A High School Meme

Yeah, I know I just did a meme, but this is stolen from Beck's FB notes, and it looked fun so . . . . here it goes!

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be. (I have taken the liberty of including some info from my gr 12 year as well as my gr 13, since we moved to a new city for gr 13)

1. Who was your best friend(s)?
In gr 12: Bev, Kirst, Laurie, Chris, Karim and Sanj. Gr 13: Jane and Tania

2.What sports did you play?
sports? What are those? I was in concert band and a couple of ensembles (ensembles were in gr 11 & 12)

3. It's Friday night, where were you?
Working at Black's Cameras in the Hazeldean Mall

4. Were you a partier?
Umm, no.

5. Were you considered a flirt?
Apparently yes, though apparently it's just my personality.

6. Ever skip school?
Only a couple of times

7. Were you a nerd?
No

8. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Definitely not!!!!!!

9. Can you sing the fight song?
Did we have one?

10. Who was your favorite teacher?
In gr 12, Mr Gillespie, the music teacher. In gr 13, at the new school, I HATED the music teacher (he was a total idiot who wore a beret!!!). In gr 13, I liked Mrs Connelly and Miss Cover (both English)

11. Favorite class?
gr 13 - Independent Study (music). And English - Creative Writing
gr 12 - music. And English

12. What was your school's full name?
Up until gr 12 - North Park Secondary School
gr 13 - Earl of March Secondary School

13. School mascot?
North Park - teams were Vikings, don't recall a mascot
EoM - some Lion

14. Did you go to Prom?
I went to Grad, both gr 12 and gr 13. Gr 12 was amazing, downtown Toronto at the Hilton Harbourcastle. I had 2 dates, Karim & Stuart. I had pics taken after grad on the subway vents outside of Toronto city hall a la Marilyn Monroe. Gr 13 was at Ottawa's Chateau Laurier. EoM had stupid rules, like you could only go as couples and had to pick tables ahead of time. I had a boyfriend, but Jane got set up by another friend with a friend of her boyfriend who was quite a little jerk. The fire alarm went off during the evening.

15. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
I would absolutely go back to North Park. Aside from Jane and Tania and a very few other things, gr 13 was the worst year of my life.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?
Well, convocation is in November, so I came back from university to Kanata (where I no longer lived - my parents had moved to Atlanta), got my diploma and broke up with Clint (Hubby and I were already dating). That was pretty memorable.

17. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
Too many to count from gr 12, and nothing stands out for grade 13!

18. Where were you on senior skip day?
Did we have those?

19.Did you have a job your senior year?
gr 12 - at the Brass Touch (I hate all things brass now)
gr 13 - Black's Cameras. It was a great place to work.

20. Where did you go most often for lunch?
home - I could walk.

21. Have you gained weight since then?
Hello, I'm pushing 40. Of course!! (though not the freshman 15 in first year)

22. What did you do after graduation?
Undergrad, Master's, marriage, internship, work, kids, work . . .

23. When did you graduate?
1987

24. Who was your Senior prom date?
gr 12 - Karim (& Stuart) - neither of whom I was dating (but Karim got me the corsage and I got him the boutinniere)
gr 13 - Clint, my boyfriend at the time

25. Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
Oh, we are so far past 10. And no, I didn't go. But I am trying to organize a music alumni reunion from North Park for this summer.

26. Who was your home room teacher?
Gr 12 - Mr Gillespie.
Gr 13 - Beats the hell out of me - EoM was weird, you didn't have any classes with that teacher. Useless waste of time to send you somewhere for 10 minutes, then move around again.

27. Who was President of your class?
Beats me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home