Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Monday, January 28, 2008

I Think I Even Managed To Sound Intelligent!

I just finished my phone consultation with the Handsome British Researcher. I had submitted some questions in the past couple of weeks, and he rang me promptly at 12:30. I was very nervous, thinking "I submitted 5 questions, what if they get answered in 15 minutes and then I have nothing to say?". I needn't have worried. My questions were apparently sound, and they led to more discussion of research and also clinical practice. I have 5 pages of notes, and he is sending me a few journal articles by e-mail. HBR also told me that if I get a study designed, and have it looked at by the people he suggested (music therapists who do research, the Educational Board that I will be conducting the study under, etc), he will also be happy to look at the study before it is implemented (after August - he's swamped until then).

Dude, did I just agree to do a study? Am I actually going to get brave and do research? Apparently I am! (how can I not after HBR told me that he thought it was wonderful that I was so motivated?) And I actually have a potential idea for a study floating around in my brain. I just need to clarify it on paper. I guess I'll be doing some in-depth reading of journals (Journal of Music Therapy, Perspectives in Music Therapy, British Journal of Music Therapy, etc) in the months to come.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

Do It!

Mon Jan 28, 05:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Why did I know you'd be all excited by this? :)

Mon Jan 28, 05:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Awesome! Go for it!

Tue Jan 29, 09:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lola said...

are you going back to school?!?!?!?!??!
L
btw my site is slowly being 'reconstructed' so start dropping by again:)

Tue Jan 29, 07:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

cause I am a sick puppy

Tue Jan 29, 08:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! (Am I a nerd for thinking it's exciting?)

Fri Feb 01, 10:01:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home