Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beyond the Pond

Well, not too far. Hubby and the kids went camping last week from Mon-Thurs. They had a great time, even though on the Tues I got a call from Corwin, who tearily told me he missed me. Turned out he was overtired and had a little upset tummy (all day in the lake can do that). They arrived home exhausted and grubby (not too grubby), but they can't wait to go again. I got some stuff done around here, and worked at the bear place, and went out for wings with Amazon and a couple of other friends. Overall, a good mini break.

We had Hubby's surprise party last Sat. Boy, was he surprised!!! (esp because his birthday was on Father's Day). The kids knew all about it, and didn't breathe a word. Small moment of panic when I was supposed to make potato salad and fruit salad on Fri, and take it to Senate Woman's (she would take it to the party), then pick up the cake and take it to my parents'. Well, turned out Hubby decided to take Fri off as well!!! Thankfully, my SIL Kat offered to pick up and deliver the cake, and Senate Woman covered the salads. Thank you!!!! A good time was had by all. Here is Hubby's pond cake!




Later that evening, Corwin started feeling yucky - headachey, tired, etc. He had a bath, and slept until 10 am the next morning. He was still not feeling hot on Sun, had a nap in the afternoon. Monday morning? Feverish a bit. I kept him home from camp to recover the rest of the way, and Clara headed off to day camp without him. She came home grumpy and headache-y. Hubby and I had a big talk with both of them - they NEED to drink water during the day, LOTS of water (Clara had maybe consumed an ounce, and her juice box - hello, dehydration). Anyway, she was totally fine this morning, Corwin is a bit stuffy, but fever-free and both headed to camp today. I am about to go get my hair cut and coloured (goodbye grey!!), but will leave you with a little photo essay of my garden.









4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

OMG, it is totally beautiful!!!! Can you come and fix my yard so that it looks EXACTLY LIKE YOURS? Wow. I am so impressed.

Tue Jul 22, 09:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Okay . . . except for the pond (you're on your own with the digging for that, sister!!!)
And thanks *blushes*

Tue Jul 22, 11:31:00 p.m.  
Blogger Firefly1234 said...

Why won't my coneflowers petals grow??? It's so frustrating!

Wed Jul 23, 11:11:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, the pond cake is *awesome*! :)

Fri Jul 25, 07:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home