Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

RBOC Catch Up Post

I seem to do this frequently - blog in a consistent fashion for a while, then completely bugger off for a week or more, leading to an RBOC post to catch up. Well, this past week and a bit hiatus was courtesy of Grey's Anatomy - I finally found it online and have been catching up on the McDreamy and Meredith/George and Izzie saga. And I found Dirty Sexy Money, too, so I expect I will get nothing accomplished for the rest of this week either.

  • Firefly1234 and I had a great time at the concert, and an overall lovely weekend (with the exception of the funeral she had to attend on the Friday). She and her husband, Twain, had to stay until Monday instead of departing on Sunday as planned because their car broke down as they were arriving on Thursday and was not ready until Monday. That was fine by me. Unfortunately, Firefly1234 had a wicked cough and wasn't feeling fabulous - not surprising, as she ended up in hospital from the Tues until Fri when she got home. Turned out she had pneumonia. She's on the mend now, but not yet back at work.
  • The bear making place is still going well. The assistant manager is okay, but still not my favourite person to work with - I like both other assistants and the manager a lot better. They are easier to read and more predictable in their moods. I still find the paperwork to be ridiculous (really, rating myself on every shift is a little much)
  • Choir has been good. Annie wasn't there for Surrexit, the piece that was challenging and fun, and hasn't been to rehearsal either. I feel really bitchy about being so happy about it but . . . there you have it.
  • Corwin and Clara are very excited about camping with the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts next weekend (23-25). Corwin has been planning what he's bring since February. FEBRUARY!!!
  • Yesterday morning, Corwin and Clara decided that they wanted to be called by different names. Clara decided on Lizzie (but Hermione was a close runner up!), and I thought Corwin said Kevin. When I asked him about Kevin, he responded "What Kevin? I want to be called Camping". Yeah, he's not obsessed!
  • I'm hoping to go to a movie with V this evening. It's been forever! She was away in Denver for work for two weeks, and then home to New Brunswick for her dad's 65th birthday celebration. Mmmmm, popcorn for dinner.
If I think of anything else, I'll write it down later. And now - time to watch the last 16 minutes of Grey's Anatomy before going to make some bears!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be called "Camping" too. How I miss the camping. Hope the kids have fun! :)

Fri May 16, 02:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home