Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This is AMAZING!!!!

I love ballet. And Swan Lake is my very favourite ballet. I have seen many companies perform this ballet. The National Ballet of Canada I have have seen many times, and I loved the Erick Bruhn choreography, but I also like the new James Kudelka version. The Royal Winnipeg is okay (but I am wickedly biased in my preference for the National in anything they do over the Royal Winnipeg). I saw the Kirov, which was phenomenal. La Scala Ballet of Milan, seen in the summer of 1986, sucked! I could not get past the fact that they were wearing romantic length tutus for a classical ballet. Classical ballet is all about the line of the leg. What the hell?!

Anyway, I just saw this clip. It is unique and cute at the beginning - 4 dancers as frogs. Nicely done. Then, the swan part. Seriously, watch all of it. It is truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Unbelievable!!!! I want them to go on tour here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

AMAZING!
I would LOVE to see that show!!
LO

Thu May 29, 02:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home