Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Thirteen





Thirteen Things That Canada Would Love To Find Under The Tree, But Won't


Okay, let's be serious for a moment - I don't really want to find all of them literally under the tree.

1. A nice cheque that covers all of our mortgage and line of credit.
2. A second vehicle. Because this living in the 'burbs with one car and all the rehearsals, and activities and birthday parties is getting dicey.
3. A new kitchen reno.
4. A Miele canister vacuum with the HEPA filter.
5. New washer and dryer, front load, in the nordic blue colour. (this wish inspired by the disturbing clunk that my washer keeps making, and that I am ignoring).
6. All expenses trip for two to Sandals St Lucia. In my dream room (which I really only want because of the private plunge pool on the balcony). One week.
7. All expenses trip for 6 (Hubby and I, kids, my parents) to Walt DisneyWorld. In the Animal Kingdom room overlooking the Savana. Two weeks. And while I'm at it, a magic pass to skip all the lines at the attractions.
8. CDs of all my vinyl records.
9. New flute. You know, the one I keep pricing on the Powell website. In rosegold (hey, this is my fantasy, I know I'll never need rosegold, but a girl can dream!). With soldered toneholes, offset G, and a gizmo. Or, even better, this flute (he's no longer making flutes, so . . . guess that won't ever happen!)
10. Guarantees that Corwin and Clara will outlive me, and be healthy and happy into old age.
11. Peace on earth. Really. Enough fighting over who's religion and God is the "right" one. Just get along!!!!!!
12. A horse (NOT a palamino!). Make that two horses - Acorn can come and live his final days here with me, too.
13. Trivial Pursuit, the 80s version. Who knows, maybe this will actually be under the tree.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. crse
2. Born On The Psych Ward

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, #7 is exactly what we did for our honeymoon. But not for two whole weeks. And not all expenses paid, either. :(

Thu Dec 21, 10:25:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'll have to be one big tree.

:) (I know, you already disclaimed this so it's not very funny.)

Re #8: We have one of these (or one like it), which makes burning vinyl to CD super easy. It's time consuming, but might be a good option, if you don't already have one....

Thu Dec 21, 12:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

LB - that's high tech. I'm the one who didn't know what WiFi was (stop laughing!!). So. . . no, I don't have one. Wanna share?

Thu Dec 21, 01:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot the one thing everyone wants to find under their tree this year: Me, drunk, passed out in a pool of egg nog.


AND why don't you like palominos? We had one when I was growing up. It was a swell horse, except when it stepped on my big toe. That kind of hurt.

Thu Dec 21, 06:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

Yes, Jesse, I did forget to mention you under my tree. Feel free to pass out under any of them, though the pool of eggnog would go better under the porch tree.

Palominos. Fancy was a nasty horse, as were a couple of other palominos I knew. Plus, they were the most likely to roll in the most disgusting places and get filthy and stained - right after being washed. Frankly, they are just too high maintenance.

Thu Dec 21, 11:59:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy, that would be one magic christmas. I hope some of it becomes surprisingly true. Jesse that is a very happy christmas image.

Fri Dec 22, 08:45:00 a.m.  
Blogger Shelli said...

Great list. I love it.

The only thing I got that I didnt' ask for was the flu...

I"m stealing ur obit post.

xo

Tue Dec 26, 07:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home