Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

One Hand On The Wall, One Foot On The Floor

Wow, occasional room spins. Gotta love the drunk blog (and thank god for spell check, right?)

Okay, I spent from 1pm until 5:30 ish IRONING. In case you have never read this blog before, or you have forgotten, I HATE ironing with a passion. It was much more palatable because I was listening to the two discs that Beck made me for Christmas. Ironing to SexyBack and several Pussycat Dolls selections was actually okay. And also, the fact that it was mostly placemats and a few of Corwin's dressy shirts and some of Clara's dresses and skirts, it wasn't so bad. Fucking laundry, though, it will be the death of me. In between all the ironing, I was doing laundry, and getting all the new clothes washed (in divided loads in case anything has runny dye) is just a pain in the ass.

So Hubby rented us Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest tonight. I had seen it, he had not. Guess who went to bed before it was over? Yep, that would be Hubby. Guess who stayed up, continuing to drink wine from the awesome glasses that Weasley gave her for Christmas? Yep, that would be me! An excellent Sancerre left from Tuesday, and a half-decent Sauvignon Blanc, also from Tuesday. All I can say is that Canada is a happy girl at the moment!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, when Gordon (the choir director) and Gaston come over for dinner. I'm making Calypso roast pork and rice cooked in coconut milk. Any ideas for vegetables? I think I'm going to make "hot" chocolate cake for dinner (there's cayenne in it, gives it a neat flavour with some warmth, but not spice).

Okay, it's time for bed, I swear my eyes are crossing. I am one cheap drunk lately!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laundry is the pits. Doing it while listening to Pussycat Dolls may just work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fri Dec 29, 07:04:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe you iron. The last time I ironed was for a job interview and Ive been in the same job for almost 8 years so that should tell you. Listen to those glorious wines. No box for you! You are truly a classy drunk my friend.

Fri Dec 29, 09:56:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironing sucks, especially compared to other fun things like vacuuming. Oh, by the way, I am in Florida right now. We went to MGM yesterday (it took 7 hours to get to Orlando, craziness). It is like 75 today, people think it is cold, I laugh with glee. Say hi to Gordon and Gaston for me, have a good dinner - I am going swimming and the Hard Rock tonight in Fort Lauderdale. muahahahahahaha

Fri Dec 29, 02:32:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drunkblogging rocks. I don't iron, so I can't really comment on that part. But the drunkblogging? Awesome. :)

Sat Dec 30, 12:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canada said...

I really don't iron either. I HATE it, and never iron my stuff (I do have one shirt and a linen suit that I have to iron, but it's not a do the laundry and then do the ironing sort of thing. But since Clara has all these little cotton dresses, and Corwin now has quite a few shirts (of the non- t-shirt variety), I have to iron. Especially when the ironing pile starts stretching so far up the wall, it almost touches the picture hanging there!!

Sat Dec 30, 08:11:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you're not ironing bed sheets!


D'oh!

Sun Dec 31, 08:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home