Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"Twas the Night After Christmas . . . and I'm Heading to Bed

I really did mean to post something yesterday, or on Christmas Eve wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Big surprise, I missed the boat on that one. I had good reasons, really. It was Christmas, after all.

Seriously, though, Christmas Eve was crazy! I spent most of the day at church. Three times. And it's a 20 minute drive, too!! In the morning, it was service as usual (since Christmas Eve fell on a Sunday, it added extra things, like Advent 4). I had to be there to play my flute for the lighting of the Advent wreath. Left the house at 9, home by 12:15. Left again at 3 for the children's service, which is always totally adorable. It went from 4 - 5. For the first time in 15 years, there was no real baby in the manger - they had to use a doll. So the minister mentioned this at the end of the service, and how we would like to avoid having to use a doll again, so "parents, if you start now, you can have a baby in the starring role this time next year". Too funny. Hey, six years ago I provided Jesus and an understudy (Corwin and Clara, respectively), and my job is DONE!!! (did I mention that there WILL BE NO MORE?!!!). Anyway, kids' service done, headed home and had dinner, left out cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer, tucked the kids in, sat for a few minutes, then headed back to church again. My Dad came with me for all the services (obviously, the whole family made the Children's service), and Dad and I picked up Weasley on the way to the midnight service (which starts at 10:30, following a half hour of carol singing). Good service, headed home and went to bed. Oh, first I had to make Santa's footprints on the hearth, and stuff Hubby's stocking. And mine, too, since Hubby brought the stuff up, but went to bed before filling the stocking.

Morning was crazy, but not insanely early (Corwin was up at 7, Clara at 7:20, me at 7:35). Then we had breakfast before going downstairs to the kids' tree, where Santa comes and delivers toys, and sets them up (Santa does NOT wrap). That was fun - Clara was thrilled with her new doll stroller, and Corwin was very happy with his harmonica (let's just say that the thrill for the rest of us wore off throughout the day), and his Home Depot toolbox with REAL tools. After that, we headed up to the living room to unwrap the gifts to each other. We all got spoiled. Gramma and Pappy (my parents) gave the kids lots of clothes, and some lovely gifts for us. And Hubby surprised me with a digital camera (yay!!! bloggy photos soon!!), and a blender (woo hoo!!!! Frozen vodka beverages for New Year's!).

Survived the dinner at my in-laws. The oldest sister was surprisingly chatty, and the parents-in-law were in good moods, too. Could have done without the microwaved dinner (yes, the turkey was cooked on the 24th, as was the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the turnips, and the sweet potatoes. They did the carrots and the pea pods just before dinner, though, so that's something. ). Came home and got the kids to bed (late, for them, it was about 9:15. ) And sat around and chatted for a bit. When I went to bed around 11:30 or so, it was pouring rain. Woke up to snow this morning. A day too late, dammit!!!

And we had our turkey dinner today, with my parents and Hubby and the kids and Weasley and Beck. Beck heads to Florida tomorrow, and Weasley's new man, CF, was getting back from Christmas with his family, so we know Weasley isn't getting much sleep tonight. :) My parents head out tomorrow, and I'm going to try and figure out how to upload some pictures. Hey, I can show you all 5 trees!!!! Okay, that's tomorrow's project. Now, it's time for bed. Early, I know, but there hasn't been a whole lotta sleep since November - time to catch up!!

Nighty-night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Canada!

Sound like you all had a great one. (Camera shout out - one here too!)

Rollin' in late here.

Lubs to you and yours!

Wed Dec 27, 12:52:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canada,
Thanks again for the delicious dinner. It was a great dinner!

Are you going to post the picture of me "riding" Rudolph?lol

PS> Speaking of riding...I had an awesome time with CF last night..it was nice for us to re-connect!!!!!

Weasley :)

Wed Dec 27, 05:57:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all sounds so merry! Im glad you had a good holiday buddy. Now To sleep!!!

Thu Dec 28, 12:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home