Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Countdown Meme

It's a countdown meme! As tagged by crse.

10 Firsts
1. First best friend: Until I was 4 - Michael, who lived behind us in Montreal. But that probably doesn't count, so either Kevin M or Kathleen Gates in Mississauga.
2. First car: My first was a used, white Hyundai Pony. My second was a new red VW Jetta.
3. First love: The Human Siren. From when I was 8-16, at camp (yes, he has a real name).
4. First vacation: I think it was England to see my great-grandparents when I was 2. That same year, I went to Bermuda as well - I don't know which came first.
5. First job: Junior counsellor at Circle R Ranch summer camp. Then at The Brass Touch, selling brass stuff (objets d'art, picture frames, planters, etc - I HATE brass after all the cleaning I had to do)
6. First piercing: ears, age 12.
7. First concert: Um, with my parents I saw Roger Whittaker and Harry Belafonte. My first without parents - Chicago, when Peter Cetera was still the lead singer. Next was Julian Lennon.
8. First record/cd bought: Record - the single She Was Only 16 by Dr Hook, with some birthday money from my grandparents. First cd was Peter Gabriel So
9. First real love: Green Eyed Boy from camp. We're still friends.
10. First screen name: Canada.

9 Latest
1. Latest alcoholic beverage: A pint of Guinness on Thursday night after choir.
2. Latest car ride: Gordon drove me home after the concert.
3. Latest movie watched: Halfway through The Guardian. Watched Employee of the Month last night.
4. Latest phone call made: to my parents tonight.
5. Latest jacuzzi bath: I don't like Jacuzzis. Now, if we're talking hot tub, where the water stays warm . . . in the spring at Amazon's.
6. Latest played cd: mix made by Beck in the car.
7. Latest time you cried: Last time I watched Grey's Anatomy, of course.
8. Latest meal: Won ton soup and eggrolls tonight.
9. Latest curse: That I put on someone? I wish I had the capability. I'm sure I swore sometime today.

8 Things You Wear (on a regular basis)
1. wedding band/engagement ring
2. underwire bra
3. thong underwear
4. black boots, or something with a heel (which I really don't need - I'm 5'8")
5. gloves
6. my purple jersey zip-front housecoat
7. anti-perspirant
8. very little that says "dry clean only"

7 Have You Ever
1. Dated one of your best friends: yes, it was my MO.
2. Been arrested: not so far, like to keep it that way.
3. Fallen in love at first sight: I don't think so. Felt a major connection at first sight - yes.
4. Been in a TV program: no, but was in a German tv commercial for a car, filmed at the Santa Monica pier.
5. Had your heart broken: yep.
6. Said you love someone without meaning it: uhhh, I think so. Trying to block certain events from my conscious mind.
7. Made a prank phone call: When I was very young and foolish.

6 Things You’ve Done Today
1. went to church/sang in choir
2. ate chili for lunch
3. got dressed in concert black
4. played in the orchestra for a performance
5. tucked Corwin and Clara in, read each a chapter
6. snuggled with Hubby and watched most of a movie


5 Favorite Things
1. Hubby, Corwin, Clara, and Jazz Dog, and my parents
2. My awesome friends (real-life and bloggy)
3. playing my flute, and also singing (but if I had to pick one . . . flute)
4. reading
5. my tub, and my flannel sheets!

4 People I Can Tell Anything
1. Valium Kid (my best friend since we were 11)
2. Gerhard
3. Weasley
4. Beck

3 Choices
1. Black or white? am I tanned? Probably black anyway.
2. Summer or winter? Both, please. With no -40 windchill, no 40 humidex, and a lovely autumn in between.
3. Chocolate or chips? Am I PMSing? Both.

2 Things to Do Before You Die
1. See both kids happily settled, with kids (if they choose). But not too soon!!
2. Go back to Australia, dive the Codhole

1 Thing You Regret
1. Not staying when Gerhard asked me to in Sept/Oct 1990.

Something you could happily do an infinite number of times(this is Luckybuzz's addition): kiss the kids and Hubby. Watch Love Actually. Laugh with friends. Many, many more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmie said...

Interesting meme. Have to try out one for my blog too sometime. Peep into my friendship blog for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.

Mon Feb 05, 02:07:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add luckybuzz's....

Mon Feb 05, 10:24:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home