Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thank God It's Almost March

I have been unbelieveably lame at posting lately. Really, nothing much exciting has been happening and I've been wickedly tired. I've been commenting more on other blogs than updating my own. So, here is bullt list of what I've been up to, written in point form because I'm far too tired (and lazy) to write proper sentences.
  • working with the decorating diva. Last weekend and the weekend before. This most likely explains the extreme fatigue, because I went to bed at 5 am on the first Saturday, and had to be back at the location for 9:30 am. There were actually two events - setting up the NAC Gala, and Friday night we also had to take down a London Life event at the Westin (that was from 1 until 4:15 am). This past weekend was also a double event. One was a wedding. A very, very, very over-the-top wedding. She had 45 tables of 10-12 people, plus the head table, and the parents sat at tables in front of the head table. This bride had THREE decorating companies, which was a pain in the ass. One company installed Roman columns and a fountain. Wow. The other event was at the Museum of Civilization, and it was a gala event by Scouts Canada celebrating 100 years of scouting worldwide. That one was fun - I got to set up a summer vignette with tent and kayak and water and geese. Take down was okay on that, then we had to go to the wedding. I left at 3:15 - I was starting to be incoherent.
  • Hubby's niece from Manitoba is here for a visit. She got married last August (we didn't go - it would have been over 2 grand for the four of us to go to the middle of nowhere for a weekend). I told her that her wedding gift would be her wedding album - I'd do it all if her mom gave me the pictures. So . . . procrastinating me finished it last Tuesday, the day she arrived (have had pics since, oh, late September!). Good news? It looks awesome and she loves it.
  • Flute choir is good, but there is one section that I work on and work on and I have it, then the next time I play, I don't have it. Two bars that I would like to skip over! Damn turns and high fingerings!
  • I've seen a few movies lately. Saw Night at the Museum a second time, this time with Hubby for Valentine's Day (we went out the Saturday before, had dinner at Taj, then movie). Children of Men, which I already posted about. Because I Said So, starring Diane Keaton. I saw this with my Mom. We both thought it was hilarious. Last week, I saw Ghost Rider with V. Very entertaining, some funny lines. And tonight? Choices are: Music and Lyrics, The Number 23, Breach, or The Astronaut Farmer (this is my least fave of the options, V. wants to see it). I'll let you know what we see, and if we liked it.
  • Really, that's all I got. Sad, yes?

If anything exciting happens, I'll be sure to write about it. I'm just happy that March starts tomorrow, and it's mild and spring-like here at the moment (melt, snow, melt!!!!). Twenty-seven days until I fly out to RI! Woo hoo!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the play by play! I've been waiting for updates! haha
Weasley

Thu Mar 01, 02:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home