Just Jump In

Get your feet wet!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Search and Rescue

I know, I need to finish the update and details of my trip, and I will, I promise. But I haven't checked my site meter in so long, so I was looking to see what kind of unusual search terms have sent people here. I have had quite a few music terms (like "minuet and badinerie"), and a whole lot of decorating stuff (Pottery Barn leads the pack!). So far, no Bath & Bodyworks, but I'm sure that one day it will crop up. But the best phrase that brought someone from Caerphilly, England all the way to my little blog is "David Beckham at Amberley Castle". Hot damn!!!! Highly unfortunate he wasn't there when I was, or I probably would have shot more pics of him than the gardens, the white peacocks, and Gerhard.

That was the search, now for the rescue. I'm also spending an unbelieveable amount of time on the BPAL site, trying to decide which 6 scents I'm going to order. I have picked 5, but need to narrow my last one down from 15! I've actually shrunk it down to 8. So feel free to help and add your two cents worth.

Here are the five that I plan to order:
  1. La Belle Dame Sans Merci
  2. Absinthe
  3. Tintagel
  4. Jack
  5. Eclipse

And the list I'm trying to choose one from:

  1. Sacred Whore of Babylon
  2. Polyhymnia
  3. Faustus
  4. Undertow
  5. Vice
  6. Hellcat
  7. Depraved
  8. Desire

Any suggestions would be helpful. Descriptions are available at the BPAL site. I'm not into heavy florals, more spicy, sweet, or crisp/fresh/earthy. Helpful, I know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Medusa said...

"Desire" is really strong. The most prominent note is amber, which I normally love, but this scent is somehow too heavy and overwhelming.

"Blockbuster" (spicy and cinnamony but mellowing into something a bit more earthy) is my new favorite, and I have incredible energy when I wear it. As for sweet and crisp, try "Bon Vivant," which smells exactly like strawberries and champagne at first and mellows into something inexplicably deep and lovely. Unfortunately, it gives me a headache. If it didn't, I'd bathe in it.

What is so compelling about this obsession??

Tue Apr 03, 03:02:00 p.m.  
Blogger crse said...

you guys are cracking me up with the bpal. but i am also afraid. afraid because i think i could get sucked in. I love love love amber oil and have not had a good one in YEARS!

Tue Apr 03, 07:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hashbrown said...

I am drawn to the sacred whore. but then, this is me speaking.

Tue Apr 03, 07:39:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I've tagged you for CRSE's meme

I wasn't really paying attention, but I would have to go with Faustus, but that's my personal obsession.

Tue Apr 03, 10:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Margie said...

Fellow (newbie) addict, here. I think Undertow sounds really interesting.

Oddly, I seem to have an issue with Amber and it's driving me crazy... it turns to baby powder on my skin. Wah!

Wed Apr 04, 11:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home